Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Although I am no admirer of imperialist Churchil but his comments on Indian leaders have great relevance in today's context and I quote:Power will go to the hands of rascals,rogues and freebooters. All Indian leaders will be low calibre and men of straw. They will have sweet tongues and silly hearts.They will fight amongst themselves for power and India will be lost in political squabbles. A day would come when even air and water would be taxed.

He was not too far off the mark! What do you say?

He was not at all off mark, in fact he envisioned the very situation that is now in India 66 years ago! I am also not a fan of Churchill at all, but he did read the Indian leaders well!

Absolutely ! It is far more relevant today given the state of things in Indian politics and also what is happening today in our society ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Although I am no admirer of imperialist Churchil but his comments on Indian leaders have great relevance in today's context and I quote:Power will go to the hands of rascals,rogues and freebooters. All Indian leaders will be low calibre and men of straw. They will have sweet tongues and silly hearts.They will fight amongst themselves for power and India will be lost in political squabbles. A day would come when even air and water would be taxed.

He was not at all off mark, in fact he envisioned the very situation that is now in India 66 years ago! I am also not a fan of Churchill at all, but he did read the Indian leaders well!

Absolutely ! It is far more relevant today given the state of things in Indian politics and also what is happening today in our society ..

It seems to be happening more and more now! I am sure Churchill must be turning around in his grave with a smug expression on his face saying "I told you so"! :dry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It seems to be happening more and more now! I am sure Churchill must be turning around in his grave with a smug expression on his face saying "I told you so"! :dry:

Honestly ! the rot seems to have spread through the entire political system and this with more open press and media freedom , one can imagine what the old time politicians had done or is it that political classes have grown steadily worse

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Honestly ! the rot seems to have spread through the entire political system and this with more open press and media freedom , one can imagine what the old time politicians had done or is it that political classes have grown steadily worse

Not political class only, the entire Indian population has gone worse. There is no political class as such. People get role in society according to their ability and criterion. I wonder which class- religious gurus, business, bureaucracy, educational institutions, doctors- are on morally sound grounds.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Not political class only, the entire Indian population has gone worse. There is no political class as such. People get role in society according to their ability and criterion. I wonder which class- religious gurus, business, bureaucracy, educational institutions, doctors- are on morally sound grounds.

Yes that is true, it is like people getting like leaders.There is corruption and greed in every strata of society and our newspapers are filled only with such negative news items which makes you completely negative in your thinking which is not a healthy tendency...

In this era, power makes person devil. It is better to have everything in average, neither too much nor too less.
Now a days there is no honest politician in our country. We can see less honest people. The powers are in their hands to misuse it for their selfishness.

Actually we cannot blame only the politicians. Many other people like top businessmen and social workers, the white collar people are mostly dishonest and has black money.

Hands are right before acquiring power. After becoming powerful, they become :evil: .
Let me give an example of corruption in 'ordinary people'. They tried to burn an officer alive so as not to let him do his job honestly. This shows the character of 'ordinary people'.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/UttarPradesh/UP-Mob-tries-to-set-ablaze-supply-officer-FIR-against-154-people/Article1-946943.aspx

The electricity distribution company Torrent Power is targeted by electricity (power) thieves consisting of industrialists as well as 'ordinary people' in certain colonies.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Let me give an example of corruption in 'ordinary people'. They tried to burn an officer alive so as not to let him do his job honestly. This shows the character of 'ordinary people'.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/UttarPradesh/UP-Mob-tries-to-set-ablaze-supply-officer-FIR-against-154-people/Article1-946943.aspx

The electricity distribution company Torrent Power is targeted by electricity (power) thieves consisting of industrialists as well as 'ordinary people' in certain colonies.

This is indeed very horrible! Similar incidents have happened in Maharashtra where government officials who tried to stop illegal dredging of sands from river beds were crushed to death by those people by a tractor.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I will obey with what you said. Power should not be given to these people. It is in the people's hands. They waste their votes without voting.

www.hashtutorials.weebly.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.