History records numerous tales of misery wrought upon the people by abuses of powers vested in wrong hands. Not only the people suffered - its wielders too at times were the victims. What do you think?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
History records numerous tales of misery wrought upon the people by abuses of powers vested in wrong hands. Not only the people suffered - its wielders too at times were the victims. What do you think?

That is a fact of life ! We can see it happening now here in our country as well ! Several state leaders are not fit to be in that position and so also national leaders ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This is so true, history is full of such examples and why speak only about rulers and leaders, even in societies or areas where we live, there are always 2-3 such people who hold some kind of office and thus some power over others and misuse it to cause misery to others. another such kind of misery is caused when the mediocre get more attention or platform than they deserve. The really intelligent and understanding people are the ones who become miserable in the process. It is really sick!! :sick:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes this is true even now we are facing the same problem in our country with this dirty politicians. We are loosing many things with these people who had no knowledge what to do for people and for country.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

This is so true, history is full of such examples and why speak only about rulers and leaders, even in societies or areas where we live, there are always 2-3 such people who hold some kind of office and thus some power over others and misuse it to cause misery to others. another such kind of misery is caused when the mediocre get more attention or platform than they deserve. The really intelligent and understanding people are the ones who become miserable in the process. It is really sick!! :sick:

Very very true ! It happens all round us and is frustrating ! the funny thing is that such people have get a lot of support fro others who either have no thinking capacity or feel that it is safer to support the ones who are the loudest and the most visible ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Although I am no admirer of imperialist Churchil but his comments on Indian leaders have great relevance in today's context and I quote:Power will go to the hands of rascals,rogues and freebooters. All Indian leaders will be low calibre and men of straw. They will have sweet tongues and silly hearts.They will fight amongst themselves for power and India will be lost in political squabbles. A day would come when even air and water would be taxed.

He was not too far off the mark! What do you say?

Very very true ! It happens all round us and is frustrating ! the funny thing is that such people have get a lot of support fro others who either have no thinking capacity or feel that it is safer to support the ones who are the loudest and the most visible ..

Exactly what I am talking about!!! I seriously question the capability of others to think for themselves and of certain issues in a clear manner!

Although I am no admirer of imperialist Churchil but his comments on Indian leaders have great relevance in today's context and I quote:Power will go to the hands of rascals,rogues and freebooters. All Indian leaders will be low calibre and men of straw. They will have sweet tongues and silly hearts.They will fight amongst themselves for power and India will be lost in political squabbles. A day would come when even air and water would be taxed.

He was not too far off the mark! What do you say?

He was not at all off mark, in fact he envisioned the very situation that is now in India 66 years ago! I am also not a fan of Churchill at all, but he did read the Indian leaders well!

I agree that power in wrong hands can play havoc. This is like a proverbial monkey holding a razor. As regards Churchill's observations, he commented on bad quality of Indians. According to him, India was not yet ripe for freedom. H ebelieved in the theory of White man's burden to civilize the colored races.

What option we have? People have to get representatives in government from themselves only. If there are any honest and efficient persons in the country, it is for them and people to enter politics preferably by joining existing political parties and ousting bad elements from there. Unless this is done, there is no remedy.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Ceemji,
A simple doubt. :whistle: :whistle:
Is this question related to history and politics only? :blink:
You all know am weak in these subjects :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Also, power in wrong hands/ misuse of power is applicable to every field, not only history and politics. Isn't it? :evil: :evil: :whistle: :whistle: :S :S

Meera sandhu

Ceemji,
A simple doubt. :whistle: :whistle:
Is this question related to history and politics only? :blink:
You all know am weak in these subjects :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Also, power in wrong hands/ misuse of power is applicable to every field, not only history and politics. Isn't it? :evil: :evil: :whistle: :whistle: :S :S

Sandhya, this is not just about history and politics but daily lives as well!

The best example I can give right now is related to foods and grains that are produced by farmers, but who has the power to decide what the farmers should get for their toil? The powerful and rich middlemen who decide what the farmers should get and what the customers should pay them!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.