The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have repeated several times itself to implement another method in which quality posts, where the member takes some time be given more points.
When all posts are given equal preference, no one will try to work hard. Earlier I used to work hard. But when I found my work is going futile, I have reduced my work load. This is the case of each and every member here. Quality posts should be appreciated. Then only such people will find more interest in posting quality posts

That's right Sandhya even i see when people earn points for one liner then i also think why should i write those 4~5 sentences for a single post :laugh: .I know all people think so that's the reason i rarely see people writing longer posts. :)

But you can see at least a few posts of mine with long paras if I feel interested.....yet I have to admit, I have reduced size of my posts very much.
Also, if I see someone reads my post and comments it, then also I feel interest to post more. Many long paras has gone unnoticed which often make me re-think, "Why am I putting this much effort if at least one member is not going through them?"

Meera sandhu
People like shortcuts so do i.I hope if admin is noticing this thread then he must take some actions and make a rule which is same for all.May be then we all can lift up this site. :)

But i rarely see admin being active here and may be that's one of the reason why the rank of this site is going down or there is so much inconsistency. :)
People like shortcuts so do i.I hope if admin is noticing this thread then he must take some actions and make a rule which is same for all.May be then we all can lift up this site. :)

But i rarely see admin being active here and may be that's one of the reason why the rank of this site is going down or there is so much inconsistency. :)

There are rules for articles as well as posts. Spam posts are removed and unnecessary and long threads locked. Ultimately, it is on members to regulate themselves. If you find that any post does not comply with rules, just click the 'report' icon and report. Any site cannot remain neat anc lean without reporting.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There are rules for articles as well as posts. Spam posts are removed and unnecessary and long threads locked. Ultimately, it is on members to regulate themselves. If you find that any post does not comply with rules, just click the 'report' icon and report. Any site cannot remain neat anc lean without reporting.

But i doubt if they are seen by the moderators if i do that and these are removed may be the rules here on Buddunan are not that much strict as these are on the other sites. :)

But i doubt if they are seen by the moderators if i do that and these are removed may be the rules here on Buddunan are not that much strict as these are on the other sites. :)

If you report using 'report' button on post, your report will definitely be considered. Many spam posts have been removed in the past. But if you only write in the threads without using 'report' button, there is less scope for action.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta

If you report using 'report' button on post, your report will definitely be considered. Many spam posts have been removed in the past. But if you only write in the threads without using 'report' button, there is less scope for action.

I will try to use it and see it practically what happens.But the thing id the reaction time.Moderators really take lot of time to react. :)
earning points and in return nothing for the site is really spamming one must not entertain that
[quote]I raised it several times that compulsive,irrelevant and posts of dubious quality are downgrading the forum and the administration has not been treating the issue with the kind of seriousness that it merits. As a result we have how ugly things can turn this morning when a member plainly turned abusive! [/quote]

I agree and the result was that he was banned! But there is also the fact that even many senior members are not averse from posting meaningless and senseless posts that have nothing to with quality or add value of any kind to the site. As yuou can see so many have admitted to doing it. And I repeat what I said earlier that unless each and every person here does not take the full responsibility to maintain the quality, there is not going to be any respite. even appointing a full time moderator will not make any sense.

Case in point, Open any thread and read what some usual users write!! (you probably understand who I am talking about)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

No one seems to take an initiative and improve the quality of forums. unless there is some one to keep a strict vigil on the going-on, I am not sure the things are going to improve. A correction here or there is not the answer of the problem.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

No one seems to take an initiative and improve the quality of forums. unless there is some one to keep a strict vigil on the going-on, I am not sure the things are going to improve. A correction here or there is not the answer of the problem.

I agree with Suny on this part as this is every one's responsibilty to understand it but understanding and doing it are bit different.There should be something which can make us all to do it by admin if really want to things get improved.I admit i do it but i will do it because i have seen many people doing it.May al of us think like this but no body dares to do it rightly. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.