The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I appreciate your admission on the subject. I know this is really hard to resist the temptation. I know points are one way of earning but those should come in a proper manner. I too feel tempted some times and do like every one else. this is high-time we act in a proper manner.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

[quote]I raised it several times that compulsive,irrelevant and posts of dubious quality are downgrading the forum and the administration has not been treating the issue with the kind of seriousness that it merits. As a result we have how ugly things can turn this morning when a member plainly turned abusive!

I agree and the result was that he was banned! But there is also the fact that even many senior members are not averse from posting meaningless and senseless posts that have nothing to with quality or add value of any kind to the site. As yuou can see so many have admitted to doing it. And I repeat what I said earlier that unless each and every person here does not take the full responsibility to maintain the quality, there is not going to be any respite. even appointing a full time moderator will not make any sense.

Case in point, Open any thread and read what some usual users write!! (you probably understand who I am talking about)[/quote]

I agree completely! When one's views are not based on conviction why should one post and pass comments!!
So put some comments and create some useful thread to continue some good work.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
What some members do is nothing but making blatant misuse of loopholes in our system.
[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
I raised it several times that compulsive,irrelevant and posts of dubious quality are downgrading the forum and the administration has not been treating the issue with the kind of seriousness that it merits. As a result we have how ugly things can turn this morning when a member plainly turned abusive!

I agree and the result was that he was banned! But there is also the fact that even many senior members are not averse from posting meaningless and senseless posts that have nothing to with quality or add value of any kind to the site. As yuou can see so many have admitted to doing it. And I repeat what I said earlier that unless each and every person here does not take the full responsibility to maintain the quality, there is not going to be any respite. even appointing a full time moderator will not make any sense.

Case in point, Open any thread and read what some usual users write!! (you probably understand who I am talking about)

I agree completely! When one's views are not based on conviction why should one post and pass comments!! [/quote]

True, it seems to have become a sort of a norm around here! Even though one does not have a single thing to add, he or she will still post comments like, I don't know about this, let us wait for answer from others! etc. etc. It really makes me angry!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
I raised it several times that compulsive,irrelevant and posts of dubious quality are downgrading the forum and the administration has not been treating the issue with the kind of seriousness that it merits. As a result we have how ugly things can turn this morning when a member plainly turned abusive!

Case in point, Open any thread and read what some usual users write!! (you probably understand who I am talking about)

I agree completely! When one's views are not based on conviction why should one post and pass comments!!

True, it seems to have become a sort of a norm around here! Even though one does not have a single thing to add, he or she will still post comments like, I don't know about this, let us wait for answer from others! etc. etc. It really makes me angry!![/quote]

The best way is for concerned moderator to remove such posts and others to report this using 'report' icon.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]
The best way is for concerned moderator to remove such posts and others to report this using 'report' icon. [/quote]

I agree!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani
How many times have I repeated? But no use....even I told giving DFAA to quality posts only. But DFAA was stopped as a whole. Hard work and effort is only payed less. Then, how can we improve quality of posts????? :silly: :blink: So, i am keeping quiet :)

Meera sandhu
Totally agreed. To be honest, I've seen articles which are just written for few rupees. It is easy to figure such articles as they follow the pattern mentioned below:
1. They'll be just above 300 words, which is the minimum requirement.
2. Will not be broken into paragraphs or subheadings.
3. Will be the author's opinion as it is. There won't be much authentic information about the topic.

Most often such articles receive very less cash credits. But it's better for Boddunan to reject such articles to maintain the quality of the website.

The main reason for lots of irrelevant threads and posts on the forum is because of the points. Points are rewarding. Believe me, I've been to many 'Paid to Post' forums before and there all the users has the tendency to post more and more, and finally their posts gets so silly since they're just posting them for money even though they know nothing on what they post.

The best and easiest way to control such silly comments is putting such posters under radar.

You've said :
[quote](you probably understand who I am talking about)[/quote]

So you already know some of the silly posters. So bring them under radar. Delete their useless comments. Ask them to comment only if they have something to share or express. Warn them, suspend them and ban them if need be for quality comes at a cost. (I guess that's the most dramatic and cheesiest dialogue of the week on Boddunan - That's a good idea for a contest :laugh: B) )

You've said some of them are senior members and banning senior members would be hard but sometimes we've got to do hard things for better things to come.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.