Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Internet and Kindle still can never beat the smell of the pages of a well read and loved book. I still make it a point to read at least a few pages of a book every afternoon and at night before going to sleep! They are comforting to me!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Internet and Kindle still can never beat the smell of the pages of a well read and loved book. I still make it a point to read at least a few pages of a book every afternoon and at night before going to sleep! They are comforting to me!

Really nice to hear that from you. What to say more? :)

Meera sandhu
I don't read books these days. :)

My habit of reading has gone with the introduction of internet.Sometime i read a book when i am traveling as then i don't have an option to browse net. :)

So true,Kalyani!
Do you think books will be included in those vanishing or nostalgic things after 20 years? What's your opinion?

Meera sandhu
I don't think that physical world of books would ever vanish.Popularity of e-books may be more but I can't imagine a world without physical books!
I don't think that physical world of books would ever vanish.Popularity of e-books may be more but I can't imagine a world without physical books!

But do you think, after 10 years, new generation kids will spend time on reading books, except their study materials?

I think study books may also be available as tablets at that time. Actually, we can't predict the future. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu
This scenario was portrayed some years back and book publishing industry also felt threatened but going by the present trend their fear seems to be misplaced. Reading in electronic format as a habit has very serious consequences!
This scenario was portrayed some years back and book publishing industry also felt threatened but going by the present trend their fear seems to be misplaced. Reading in electronic format as a habit has very serious consequences!

Yes....everyone is aware of its consequences. Yet, a very few are actually implementing book reading habit in life.

Meera sandhu

Yes....everyone is aware of its consequences. Yet, a very few are actually implementing book reading habit in life.

Then how do you see it vanishing?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.