Oil pulling is a good old method of swishing oil in the mouth for maintaining oral health. Now a days mouthwash have replaced oil. They also claim that there are many health benefits related to oil pulling. Let us use this thread for sharing more information about oil pulling.

Is oil pulling really beneficial?. Which oil is best for oil pulling?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Nagalakshmi, you will first have to explain what is meant by oil pulling?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Oil pulling is pouring oil into our mouth and pulling oil from all corners of the mouth. so that teeth will become strong and our mouth will be fresh for more time.cooking oil is good for oil pulling.

The oil pulling /swishing is done best before breakfast. To accelerate the healing process, it can be repeated three times a day, but always before meals on an empty stomach. It involved basically "swishing" cold-pressed oil in your mouth. Doing so would heal the tissues of all your organs at the same time. Harmful toxins would be eliminated without destroying any beneficial probiotics. Helps detoxify, diseases of nerves, paralysis, and encephalitis. It prevents the growth of malignant tumors, cuts, head-aches, bronchitis, tooth pain, thrombosis, eczema, ulcers and diseases of stomach, intestines, heart, blood, kidney, liver, lungs and women related problems. It is a method of taking one tablespoon of sesame oil and swishing it in your mouth for 20 minutes

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

sarala gave us a very interesting information about oil pulling. I never heard it before.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
[quote]Oil pulling is pouring oil into our mouth and pulling oil from all corners of the mouth. so that teeth will become strong and our mouth will be fresh for more time.cooking oil is good for oil pulling.

The oil pulling /swishing is done best before breakfast. To accelerate the healing process, it can be repeated three times a day, but always before meals on an empty stomach. It involved basically "swishing" cold-pressed oil in your mouth. Doing so would heal the tissues of all your organs at the same time. Harmful toxins would be eliminated without destroying any beneficial probiotics. Helps detoxify, diseases of nerves, paralysis, and encephalitis. It prevents the growth of malignant tumors, cuts, head-aches, bronchitis, tooth pain, thrombosis, eczema, ulcers and diseases of stomach, intestines, heart, blood, kidney, liver, lungs and women related problems. It is a method of taking one tablespoon of sesame oil and swishing it in your mouth for 20 minutes [/quote]

Thanks for information on this, Sarala. I have heard about this method for the first time. One question though, is only sesame oil used or can groundnut and or sunflower oil used?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I have heard this word before but never tried it or heard about the benefits. I think its old method.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.