Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think it just really shows how much lonely people have become in spite of so many advances in technology and globalization etc. The fact that people are willing to pay 60 dollars an hour just for an opportunity to snuggle up to a person for warmth and affection, indeed a sad state of affairs. I don't think it is prostitution because what she is offering is support and affection for many, especially older people who are grieving. Everyone needs that in their life, someone who they can cuddle with in order to forget their sorrows, a real person who will hold them their arms with warmth, but sad to read that now instead of having someone in your life for doing all this, you are now having to pay for it. Although I must say I am really impressed with the girl's ingenuity and also with her willingness to offer such support and intimacy for those who need it!

What can I say in India, people are only waiting to pounce upon someone who is willing to give a little bit of warmth to others!

You have brought out some wonderful points here Kalyani, very sad that one has to pay for care and security, but even in a society as open as theirs there are protests labeling her as a prostitute, goes to show that people's attitude is the same, some still have narrow minded vision even while living in the wild west....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think it just really shows how much lonely people have become in spite of so many advances in technology and globalization etc. The fact that people are willing to pay 60 dollars an hour just for an opportunity to snuggle up to a person for warmth and affection, indeed a sad state of affairs. I don't think it is prostitution because what she is offering is support and affection for many, especially older people who are grieving. Everyone needs that in their life, someone who they can cuddle with in order to forget their sorrows, a real person who will hold them their arms with warmth, but sad to read that now instead of having someone in your life for doing all this, you are now having to pay for it. Although I must say I am really impressed with the girl's ingenuity and also with her willingness to offer such support and intimacy for those who need it!

What can I say in India, people are only waiting to pounce upon someone who is willing to give a little bit of warmth to others!

You have brought out some wonderful points here Kalyani, very sad that one has to pay for care and security, but even in a society as open as theirs there are protests labeling her as a prostitute, goes to show that people's attitude is the same, some still have narrow minded vision even while living in the wild west....

Thanks Usha! The fact is they do not have such an intricate support system as we have here. Even though we have more nuclear families now, we still have our distant sisters, brothers, sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law, uncles, aunties etc. to turn to when we need, maybe not monetarily, but at least we can find comfort by talking to them. Whereas in the west, even this part is missing to a great extent.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

@kalyani... The reason is technology and advancement only. We are going away from people and tech. satisfaction is just temp. in the end we really need a person at our side, to talk to , to love , to care. And that is what is also happening slowly in India to and this kind of day is not far..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: usha manohar

@kalyani... The reason is technology and advancement only. We are going away from people and tech. satisfaction is just temp. in the end we really need a person at our side, to talk to , to love , to care. And that is what is also happening slowly in India to and this kind of day is not far..

Puneet. you are right but only partly. Technology does play a role here but it is more of becoming materialistic and individualistic that is the cause of such loneliness. Thinking too much about self and not really giving a damn about others' feelings is what makes a person lonely. In the west. too much importance is given to personal freedom, so much that even children above 14 do not really respect their parents' wishes because of this.

A woman has discovered a means to earn money. She is professional cuddler. But is cuddling a kind of prostitution. She does not feel so.

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/meet-the-professional-cuddler-who-earns--260-a-day-by-snuggling-with-strangers.html

That is very daring of her. In this age of technology when our own family members cannot touch each other's phone, she is offering a good cuddle!

Such cuddling may not work in India but then there is Amma, the 'hug saint' who is doing good to the people by just merely hugging. i guess people in india must dress as sadhus to get work done like hug!

huh! what a country we are living in!

Swetha Shenoy
A woman has discovered a means to earn money. She is professional cuddler. But is cuddling a kind of prostitution. She does not feel so.

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/meet-the-professional-cuddler-who-earns--260-a-day-by-snuggling-with-strangers.html

That is very daring of her. In this age of technology when our own family members cannot touch each other's phone, she is offering a good cuddle!

Such cuddling may not work in India but then there is Amma, the 'hug saint' who is doing good to the people by just merely hugging. i guess people in india must dress as sadhus to get work done like hug!

Oh yes, I forgot the great Mata, I think Amrutanandmayi, isn't she??? But then she too charges fees to get a hug from her, doesn't she?

Oh yes, I forgot the great Mata, I think Amrutanandmayi, isn't she??? But then she too charges fees to get a hug from her, doesn't she?

This is same act. But Mata is dominant and the individual she hugs is a disciple. In case of professional cuddler, the individual is a customer and he will get service according to contract/ fee.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Puneet. you are right but only partly. Technology does play a role here but it is more of becoming materialistic and individualistic that is the cause of such loneliness. Thinking too much about self and not really giving a damn about others' feelings is what makes a person lonely. In the west. too much importance is given to personal freedom, so much that even children above 14 do not really respect their parents' wishes because of this.

Totally agreed Kalyani... And we are pushing ourselves towards those things only.. Everyone wants freedom and that makes us totally free.. which is really a sad situation...:( :(

Totally agreed Kalyani... And we are pushing ourselves towards those things only.. Everyone wants freedom and that makes us totally free.. which is really a sad situation...:( :(

Sadly, education is bringing about this change. Education is seen as a means of self growth and awareness but since it is lacking in true knowledge, loneliness, undue freedom etc. is the result of it all.

Thank you said by: Puneet Chhabra

Sadly, education is bringing about this change. Education is seen as a means of self growth and awareness but since it is lacking in true knowledge, loneliness, undue freedom etc. is the result of it all.

Every change has pros and cons and i guess we need to live with them..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.