The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@ajay.
I am not enemy of anyone here. I know that on 16th december,your post in forum are in greater number,but i would tell you check the post of sarala,before questioning on why didn't you get award on that day.
This same problem sarala was having. I am just announcing the winner,who does well here. Sarala has worked double than you on that day. I have no option and just gave that person,the award.
I am not announcing the results randomly. I knew my work and i know that whom to give the awards.
When i was a normal member,many times it also has happened to me that, on the day when i have put my best effort,aastha has not declared me the winner. You have to accept that some other person might have done some more good work then you,thats why he/she is the winner. I have just accept that and moved on. I have never questioned to anyone.

@Ronark,

Does DFA award means that if person A submits or replies maximum in a day then that person will be awarded DFA?
Abhishek yes you are right presently it is same for dfaa. :( :(

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I think Kalyani has articulated the feelings very aptly . And I would just add here that quality should be the guiding factor and nothing else.A member's output should not be subjected to quantitative measure alone. What we find today in the forum that is bringing up of threads floated months and weeks before is just indicative of the trend not to strive for fresh ideas or thoughts or issues of relevance this hour but to look to the posts of the past!!It's very much possible to log a thousand points by commenting on all posts which might perfectly appear to be hard work! Here the job is really to separate the grain from the chaff - an award is given in acknowledgement of excellence. We don't select the first boy or girl of a class based on number of hours he or she devoted to studies! Do we?
[quote]I think Kalyani has articulated the feelings very aptly . And I would just add here that quality should be the guiding factor and nothing else.A member's output should not be subjected to quantitative measure alone. What we find today in the forum that is bringing up of threads floated months and weeks before is just indicative of the trend not to strive for fresh ideas or thoughts or issues of relevance this hour but to look to the posts of the past!!It's very much possible to log a thousand points by commenting on all posts which might perfectly appear to be hard work! Here the job is really to separate the grain from the chaff - an award is given in acknowledgement of excellence. We don't select the first boy or girl of a class based on number of hours he or she devoted to studies! Do we? [/quote]

Thanks for reiterating my point Chinmoy! The main criteria for the DFAA should be purely based upon quality and value rather than numbers and points.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

i will take all good points share by all members today before declaring next dfaa.

Want to make each day Accountable

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
@ajay.
I am not enemy of anyone here. I know that on 16th december,your post in forum are in greater number,but i would tell you check the post of sarala,before questioning on why didn't you get award on that day.
This same problem sarala was having. I am just announcing the winner,who does well here. Sarala has worked double than you on that day. I have no option and just gave that person,the award.
I am not announcing the results randomly. I knew my work and i know that whom to give the awards.
When i was a normal member,many times it also has happened to me that, on the day when i have put my best effort,aastha has not declared me the winner. You have to accept that some other person might have done some more good work then you,thats why he/she is the winner. I have just accept that and moved on. I have never questioned to anyone.

Sorry to intervene members but I am posting to clear certain things and my take on the matter...

@Ronark,

What will I get if I check the posts of someone? I don't have any personal grudge with any of the members of the site. Now coming back to your second point, you said that someone posted double than me. Well Ronark, I had a very good idea what someone posted on that day and how much. I worked that day on the site full day and I didn't slept at night till six in the morning. In fact let me tell you that I occumulated 500 hundred points through forum posts on that particular day. Had I know that someone posted more or duuble as you pointed out then I would have never raised such a question. I never did raise any such doubts earlier also.

You have also written about that someone might have done good work than me. Yes, I accept but just imagine what those good works would be apart from posting quality posts which as far as I remember I did.

I don't know what your system says about my posting, points and quality of posts on that day but my system, that is , my brain and eyes never fails to speak about the truth.

Now I left this decission on the admin of the site to decided truthfully about the matter as they are the supreme judge here and if possible find out the stats of that particular day. I don't want myself to be declaired as winner because I have already made a decission and I want these not to be repeated on with other members of the site...!
Ronark thanks a lot for this post! I understand the problems of a moderator and especially so when emotions and sentiments of so many are at play. If there are some sound guidelines your task would be a lot easier by following those.I wish you all success in your new role!

@Ajay

As I have requested you earlier and repeat again, please come back!
We all know what you are capable of! From my long experience with this site I can tell you that there were moments when such moments were there for me but it redoubled my resolve to take up the challenge. Your wininng or not does not change your status as one who believes adding value to anything he does. All the very best!
Friends, I am the person who got DFAA award on 16th dec 2011 friday, which AJAY is expecting to get that award. So, as indirectly his expectation and words are potrating on me, So, I never like to be a bad cause of some ones Disappointment and I don't want be the reason for some one to leave the site and go. so I have checked the Ajays and mine forum postings which are posted on 16th dec 2011. I also worked alot on that day. I worked till morning.

As in the above posts, I read that forum activator award is given according to maximum posts posted by the member.

After checking , I found

Ajay has posted 75 posts and my self 83 posts.

therefore, Ronark is not wrong.

If possible, I request Ajay to check once.

@Ajay

Ajay, I know you are very good member of the boddunan. I number of times impressed by your replies in forums and increased your karma.I even understand your hardworking and I found you number of times in midnights working also. so you may be felt that you will get the award as you worked more on that day, but unfortunately I worked a bit more posts than you.

So , Ajay I request you to not to leave the site and go. We all members miss you.

anyway ajay If any of my words hurts you or you think wrong am sorry for that

thank you & Regards
Sarala

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

All these discussions and problems are due to the admins sleeping condition.Let us try to awaken them.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
[quote]I think Kalyani has articulated the feelings very aptly . And I would just add here that quality should be the guiding factor and nothing else.A member's output should not be subjected to quantitative measure alone. What we find today in the forum that is bringing up of threads floated months and weeks before is just indicative of the trend not to strive for fresh ideas or thoughts or issues of relevance this hour but to look to the posts of the past!!It's very much possible to log a thousand points by commenting on all posts which might perfectly appear to be hard work! Here the job is really to separate the grain from the chaff - an award is given in acknowledgement of excellence. We don't select the first boy or girl of a class based on number of hours he or she devoted to studies! Do we?

Thanks for reiterating my point Chinmoy! The main criteria for the DFAA should be purely based upon quality and value rather than numbers and points.[/quote]

but there could be instances where replies from several users are quality ones and stands out in the crowd. Then which steps are taken in this situation?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.