Teenagers who spend too much time on the Internet have almost 50 percent more likely to develop depression than moderate users, according to a Chinese study.

The researcher Lawrence Lam said that teenagers who spend 50-10 hours a day online when they are not present agitation in front of computer and lose interest in social interactions.

"Some spend more than ten hours a day, they are really problematic users and show signs and symptoms of addictive behavior ... while browsing the Internet and play games," said Lam, co-author of the study published Tuesday in The Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine.

"They can not take the head of the Internet, they feel restless if not returned after a short distance," the psychologist said by telephone from the School of Medicine, University of Notre Dame, Sydney.

They do not want to see friends, do not want to participate in family meetings, not to spend time with parents and siblings," he added."Who goes too long the Internet loses sleep and is a well established fact that the less you sleep, the better the chances of depression," said Lam
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am also an internet addict. so I have to take care of depression that may result from this. many thanks for the caution.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/spirituality/self-help/Having-a-sister-helps-fight-depression/articleshow/6252443.cms

Having a sister makes 10- to 14-year-olds a bit less likely to suffer depression – that’s one of several intriguing findings from a new study.
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION......I JUST SPEND 2-3 HRS ON NET.....

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Well am bit sad now, am an internect addict for the past 10 years. I cant live without internet . The study is bothering me!
It is known fact Sajeetharan that anything too exceesive can lead to mental problems..Now-a-days the work is like that which is making people to spend lot of time..similarly is your case...I hope some day you will try to control it if you have another avigation...All the best.
He he! Yes that for sure. Even i had a problem with my neck before a year ago, it got operated. thanks rajini.
Yes i also studied this news in today's Indian Express Newspaper.
I'm working 4 to 5 hours in Internet daily...

Vijay U
Teenagers who spend too much time on the Internet have almost 50 percent more likely to develop depression than moderate users, according to a Chinese study.

Only teenagers?

What about uncle and aunties??
Sajeetharan buddy do not take any tension,its for only teenagers and you are not teenager...

I am not agree with this that lot of internet sitting daily puts person into depression......
Yes jasmeet , you are right. I know that it is bad, but it is a type of enjoyment for me. Cant get out of this. will try to!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.