Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Still, it is beyond any sort of comprehension to think such an act by parents, it seems they are now cancers to the society.

No Mohan, I am not that hopeless yet. The situation is not that bad. Not all parents are that cruel, maybe they did it because they were too angry. Still the fault is theirs, they did not keep a good eye on their only child but spent more time in clubs etc.

This points again to the hypocratic attitude of such people, while the parents freely went club-hopping and generally followed a hi-socialite type of lifestyle, the daughter was probably stifled and kept home at all times, left to her own devices, so its not surprising if the domestic servant could charm her and get her to have intercourse with him of her free will! It is parents who were at fault and they cruelly made her pay for it! :blink:

I agree, there are people in so-called upper class and upper middle class. But they only wake up when something goes terribly wrong. And there are many incident of the same kind.
The case has aroused tremendous interest in all parts of the country if not the world because it is not a simple case of murder. A murder that holds too many pointers to a decadent culture of a moribund society, the seamy side of life of an upwardly mobile middle which is awash with money but in a very life-threatening moral crisis.

Apparently the judge while delivering his verdict made a mention of their lifestyle of partying ,consuming liquor beyond certain limit and neglecting the girl which he felt was one of the causes for the tragedy...
They should have sent their child to a good boarding, as it seems they have urban life style, and have been away from home, and it is not safe to leave child with the care of male domestic help.

It has got nothing to do with Urban or rural life styles. A careful supervision even if the child is under the custody of a maid is the point that's missing. Even in urban areas responsible parents are there who are successfully performing their parental duties.
Still, it is beyond any sort of comprehension to think such an act by parents, it seems they are now cancers to the society.

No Mohan, I am not that hopeless yet. The situation is not that bad. Not all parents are that cruel, maybe they did it because they were too angry. Still the fault is theirs, they did not keep a good eye on their only child but spent more time in clubs etc.

This points again to the hypocratic attitude of such people, while the parents freely went club-hopping and generally followed a hi-socialite type of lifestyle, the daughter was probably stifled and kept home at all times, left to her own devices, so its not surprising if the domestic servant could charm her and get her to have intercourse with him of her free will! It is parents who were at fault and they cruelly made her pay for it! :blink:

I agree, there are people in so-called upper class and upper middle class. But they only wake up when something goes terribly wrong. And there are many incident of the same kind.
The case has aroused tremendous interest in all parts of the country if not the world because it is not a simple case of murder. A murder that holds too many pointers to a decadent culture of a moribund society, the seamy side of life of an upwardly mobile middle which is awash with money but in a very life-threatening moral crisis.

Apparently the judge while delivering his verdict made a mention of their lifestyle of partying ,consuming liquor beyond certain limit and neglecting the girl which he felt was one of the causes for the tragedy...
They should have sent their child to a good boarding, as it seems they have urban life style, and have been away from home, and it is not safe to leave child with the care of male domestic help.

It has got nothing to do with Urban or rural life styles. A careful supervision even if the child is under the custody of a maid is the point that's missing. Even in urban areas responsible parents are there who are successfully performing their parental duties.

I agree, it depends on individuals..However much one may argue for eqaulity,certain things have to be considered practcally, for example child rearing , which largely falls on the woman since she ius best equipped to do it. One need not ggive up a job but can be a little more vigilent and concerned instead of depending completely on maids and domestic helps...sending children to boarding school may seem like an option but in the long run it will have its own repercussions ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I agree, it depends on individuals..However much one may argue for eqaulity,certain things have to be considered practcally, for example child rearing , which largely falls on the woman since she ius best equipped to do it. One need not ggive up a job but can be a little more vigilent and concerned instead of depending completely on maids and domestic helps...sending children to boarding school may seem like an option but in the long run it will have its own repercussions ..

No. Boarding schools are not a sure guarantee to the same upbringing that a direct parental upbringing gives. I have seen many busy parents giving the required time to their children. No need to give up the jobs by the women.

I too don't agree that there exists any such rural and urban divide in this regard but one has to keep the pragmatic reality that the problem has been steadily worsening in the urban areas. A typical rural household still retains the last vestige of the joint family system.

I too don't agree that there exists any such rural and urban divide in this regard but one has to keep the pragmatic reality that the problem has been steadily worsening in the urban areas. A typical rural household still retains the last vestige of the joint family system.

I agree ! Many couple dont want to have their parents living with them, which to a great extent solves the problem of looking after young children....I know of my own colleagues and friends who would rather suffer and send children to extended tuition classes and to their friends houses ( where again the parents are out working) rather than let their in laws live with them>they feel that it curtails their freedom - this may be true to a certain extent but we have to dispassionately consider what is the best option that is there under the circumstance and opt for that .After having had children you need to do the best you can for them.If you do the bare minimum for them ( money doe not come in here ) they will definitely grow up to be quite indifferent to you as well as others ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree ! Many couple dont want to have their parents living with them, which to a great extent solves the problem of looking after young children....I know of my own colleagues and friends who would rather suffer and send children to extended tuition classes and to their friends houses ( where again the parents are out working) rather than let their in laws live with them>they feel that it curtails their freedom - this may be true to a certain extent but we have to dispassionately consider what is the best option that is there under the circumstance and opt for that .After having had children you need to do the best you can for them.If you do the bare minimum for them ( money doe not come in here ) they will definitely grow up to be quite indifferent to you as well as others ..

To my great consternation, I find some parents' intense dislike for involving grandparents in the formative years of their grandchildren, holding forth such queer views that their indulgence might spoil them, huh!! There used to be days in not so distant days that a child's best friend was thought to be granddad or grandma!!! How things have changed!!
Thank you said by: usha manohar

To my great consternation, I find some parents' intense dislike for involving grandparents in the formative years of their grandchildren, holding forth such queer views that their indulgence might spoil them, huh!! There used to be days in not so distant days that a child's best friend was thought to be granddad or grandma!!! How things have changed!!

Unfortunate, but true, that such parents set the pace of each generation and they do not accept the grand-parents' lifestyle to come in the way of their children. In fact I am witness to a couple of family where the parents - for example - never wanted their children to take any home remedy that the grandparents suggested as a cure for any health issue; instead, they thought such remedies are applicable for uneducated and old people only!

Unfortunate, but true, that such parents set the pace of each generation and they do not accept the grand-parents' lifestyle to come in the way of their children. In fact I am witness to a couple of family where the parents - for example - never wanted their children to take any home remedy that the grandparents suggested as a cure for any health issue; instead, they thought such remedies are applicable for uneducated and old people only!

That's the true perspective of today's scenario. That the grand parents' indulgence play a spoil sport in the development of a child is nothing short of a fallacy. In fact they play the pivotal role of 'Role model' to the children which is conspicuously absent in these satellite families.
Slowly, we are moving towards unitary system, with it cultural ethos are breaking like ice mountains, future generations are suffering the most.

http://mohanmekap.com/

In a way it shows how our values are crumbling and we have only ourselves to blame when tragedy of this scale happens.Leading a sophisticated lifestyle is of course the prerogative of the individual.But ,unless one is clear about basic issues these things can backfire like it has done in Talwars' case. I see many families these days leading individual lives living in the same house often not even communicating with each other for days together. If you cannot make time for your family there is no point in having one..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.