At a time when power scarcity is hardly hit in Tamilnadu, a nature friendly nuclear reactor will be the best option to cop up with the current situation.But everyone is opposing it due to fear on its security.. I invite everyone to share ur viewpoints on it..

http://manucnair.blogspot.in/
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Security concerns should be met. Various sources of energy including nuclear should be compared for cost effectiveness and other related issues like availability of raw material etc. The best should be selected. This is technical issue and and hence only those expert in relevant field may give authentic comments.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Needs will always be there and no matter how much secure we think it is, it will never be totally safe.. Nuclear Energy is never good and never will be.. Even the nuclear dump stays radio active and still we are not able to figure out the solution to dump it. The simple point is : Nuclear is not the solution no matter how much is the crises.

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Let me share an article related to nuclear power stations in India....
Hoping it will be helpful for you people
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/51-general-reference/20478-do-we-need-nuclear-power-stations.html

I have quoted a few points, have a look

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Puneet Chhabra
Actually there are many organization to look after this. If so then any volunteer org may go to court.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Thanks Sandhya... That explains a lot.. :) :)

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
I agree with puneet. Handling Nuclear wastes is one of the major problem in the nuclear reactors all over the world. Also, while creating nuclear energy (in the step of producing plutonium) it produces radioactive isotopes which will contaminate the surrounding area, including groundwater, air, land and plants. So it affects the entire ecosystem of that particular area.
Thank you said by: Puneet Chhabra
Generation of power i very important in Tamil Nadu. May be due to some problem such scarcity is occuring. It may be artificial or in general. Just a month ago or two, such scarcity took place in Kolkata and Delhi. Government will definately do something in this regard.
I heard it's 12 hours power cut in Tamil Nadu now. Is it true?

Meera sandhu
If Koodankulam Nuclear Reactor is beneficial for the Tamilians then I will definately support this project.
Thanks Arun...
@Devyani.. Look , crises is everywhere but the govt. is trying to hit hard when they know pressure is there... Where the profits are in billions why would govt. say thats yes it is unsafe and we might have disaster too.. Japan was considered safe and look what happened there too. There is no end to this. Nuclear i not the solution no matter how much good someone tells you about it.... It is just going the destroy the marine life, the eco system. The villages in its vicinity and finally we all...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.