The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think instead of persecuting him, what he has tried to draw attention to should be looked into. The recent overdose of corruption, not on a small scale, but of humongous proportions indicate anything but a state of peaceful reign. So if he has drawn wolves in [place of lions, he has done nothing wrong! A flag is only an emblem and it represents what a state stands for. If that is missing, then there is nothing left of the flag but only a cloth banner on a staff.

Perfect Kalyani. I was hoping to see a reply like this. We are just diverting the topic he's trying to convey. Fine him amount so that he should take care , but the questions is whose integrity are we talking about here. Arrest is just to divert the issue..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
I think instead of persecuting him, what he has tried to draw attention to should be looked into. The recent overdose of corruption, not on a small scale, but of humongous proportions indicate anything but a state of peaceful reign. So if he has drawn wolves in [place of lions, he has done nothing wrong! A flag is only an emblem and it represents what a state stands for. If that is missing, then there is nothing left of the flag but only a cloth banner on a staff.

Perfect Kalyani. I was hoping to see a reply like this. We are just diverting the topic he's trying to convey. Fine him amount so that he should take care , but the questions is whose integrity are we talking about here. Arrest is just to divert the issue..

Puneet, thanks for seeing it my way!!

Yes, by talking about punishing him and making an issue of insult to the flag, parliament etc. we are only diverting more and more from the topic!! The very people who have brought shame on us by taking corruption to such great heights are the ones who have insulted the parliament and our national emblem. Raja who was deeply involved in 2G scam has been given a clean chit, Suresh Kalmadi who made us bow our heads down in shame in front of the world is now back in Pune with his head high, people still following him around like they used, no remorse for his corrupt actions! They are the people who have brought shame to our country. What Aseem has done is only try to bring attention to crucial issues.

But then this has always been a ploy of our government. When someone tries to blow open their cover, they try to put down that person by pointing to ways he has used, and the public usually falls for it!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes, by talking about punishing him and making an issue of insult to the flag, parliament etc. we are only diverting more and more from the topic!! The very people who have brought shame on us by taking corruption to such great heights are the ones who have insulted the parliament and our national emblem. Raja who was deeply involved in 2G scam has been given a clean chit, Suresh Kalmadi who made us bow our heads down in shame in front of the world is now back in Pune with his head high, people still following him around like they used, no remorse for his corrupt actions! They are the people who have brought shame to our country. What Aseem has done is only try to bring attention to crucial issues.

But then this has always been a ploy of our government. When someone tries to blow open their cover, they try to put down that person by pointing to ways he has used, and the public usually falls for it!

You did not mention at least 100 of them sitting in that house who have thousands of crores in their accounts shouting slogans about national pride and honor of the house. If we shall keep them supporting the way we are doing, we can safely forget about self respect for this country and its citizen. People around the world are laughing and we are arresting the people who are raising the question symbolically.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You did not mention at least 100 of them sitting in that house who have thousands of crores in their accounts shouting slogans about national pride and honor of the house. If we shall keep them supporting the way we are doing, we can safely forget about self respect for this country and its citizen. People around the world are laughing and we are arresting the people who are raising the question symbolically.

Exactly!!! We in fact idolize and worship those very people who bring shame to us! Rajiv Gandhi who was named the most corrupt Prime Minister gets his birthday celebrated as Sadbhavana Diwas, his family who brought us international fame in the halls of shame rules our country, Salman Khan who killed several innocent sleeping men during his drunken spree walks with his head high leading a so-called group of people called Being Human etc. etc. etc. The list is endless, if we start naming them, it would take miles long scrolls! I seriously feel Aseem is being wrongly held. First it was Binayak Das, now Aseem! It is not the cartoonists but the politicians that need to grow up!

It's one of the worst decisions I would say in a democratically ruled state. Who decides an act of sedition? The court. Let the court decide if he is at all guilty of it. Late PM Indira Gandhi once similarly tried to re-define democratic rights and all we know the result. We need to be sensitive to democratic values and ethos - not be touchy about pseudo democratic feelings!
[quote]It's one of the worst decisions I would say in a democratically ruled states. Who decides an act of sedition? The court. Let the court decide if he is at all guilty of it. Late PM Indira Gandhi once similarly tried to re-define democratic rights and all we know the result. We need to be sensitive to democratic values and ethos - not be touchy about pseudo democratic feelings![/quote]

You know what, the recent similar examples only reiterate this fact, the main issue of corruption is left aside and the mere means that were used to point towards the corruption are examined under a dissecting microscope. There is a collective outrage for a short period of time and then everyone falls silent. The corrupt get away with their deeds and nothing happens. The government and off course, the people all need a violent shake-up to wake up from the stupor that we are all in.

[quote]It's one of the worst decisions I would say in a democratically ruled states. Who decides an act of sedition? The court. Let the court decide if he is at all guilty of it. Late PM Indira Gandhi once similarly tried to re-define democratic rights and all we know the result. We need to be sensitive to democratic values and ethos - not be touchy about pseudo democratic feelings!

You know what, the recent similar examples only reiterate this fact, the main issue of corruption is left aside and the mere means that were used to point towards the corruption are examined under a dissecting microscope. There is a collective outrage for a short period of time and then everyone falls silent. The corrupt get away with their deeds and nothing happens. The government and off course, the people all need a violent shake-up to wake up from the stupor that we are all in.[/quote]

Here the police exaggerated the offence. The only offence related to insult of the national symbols. The allegation of sedition was unnecessarily leveled. This is over action by police.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The sedition charges has become the main focus of the case right now. When I read about the way he has depicted the National Emblem I did feel that it was an insult to the emblem. But he remains a cartoonist and its his job to make humorous sketches that bring smile on the faces of the people so the charges of sedition against him are senseless.

Live in the present :)
The sedition charges has become the main focus of the case right now. When I read about the way he has depicted the National Emblem I did feel that it was an insult to the emblem. But he remains a cartoonist and its his job to make humorous sketches that bring smile on the faces of the people so the charges of sedition against him are senseless.

He in fact made cartoons insulting the national flag and other emblems. Whatever be the justification and cause of protest, insult of national symbols cannot be allowed. This is insult to nation. Consequently, this is sedition. Intentions of the cartoonist may be good but what matters is what you do. May be the police have exaggerated the offence. Insult to national emblems is clearly established. Charge of sedition, although very correct, is likely to be dropped in view of political pressure by the opposition and anarchists posing as anti corruption brigade.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

He in fact made cartoons insulting the national flag and other emblems. Whatever be the justification and cause of protest, insult of national symbols cannot be allowed. This is insult to nation. Consequently, this is sedition. Intentions of the cartoonist may be good but what matters is what you do. May be the police have exaggerated the offence. Insult to national emblems is clearly established. Charge of sedition, although very correct, is likely to be dropped in view of political pressure by the opposition and anarchists posing as anti corruption brigade.

Agreed Sir, many will find the cartoon to be offensive, but it is unacceptable that he has been arrested on the charges of encouraging hatred towards the government. He did go an extra step but still he was only using satire to depict the corruption and what corruption has turned our Nation into.

Live in the present :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.