P. Chidambaram offered to resign as home minister due to some criticism from some people in the own party.I think resigning from the post is not going to help.I think he is one of best minister in the current government.He is hard working man. Naxalite movement is really hurting government image after killing of 76 CRPF personals.

what do you think of all this event? Please shoot your invaluable comments.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
You are right.Chidambaram is a very good minister.But i strongly believe this resignation offer is not a genuine move.He very well know that the PM wont allow him to resign.Anywas its diplomacy.
Now he must focus more on this issue and fight this with responsibility instead of blaming the state.He has support of the opposition parties also.He must act soon and prove himself.
I agree with MC. The resignation is not genuine. On an earlier occasion, he had similarly resigned as Commerce Minister. When in difficulty, such politicians try to show so called moral superiority by such tricks.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It's a good gesture on his part but what has precisely motivated me to resign,is difficult to guess.He must be knowing his indispensability for the present ministry.Here is a minister who is extremely articulate and knows his stuff very well.Owning responsibility itself is a laudable act.The buck has to stop somewhere down the line.
Its a very big tragedy that happened to the militants. Somebody have to take the blame. And also Naxals say that due to Chidambaram's statements "Will sweep out naxals" they have done this!!

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
It's simply mad on their part to sell excuses for indulging in mindless acts of violence and poor CRPF jawans are the victims.What did they get out of killing these jawans? They are basically cowards always looking for soft targets and sitting ducks!
After Naxalite attack is really hurting the government image while killing of 76 CRPF personals.Due to this issue,the union Home Minster P.Chidambaram has felt responsibility and resigned the post. this action is reflecting the value politics. Of course it hasn't accepted. Previously he has resigned as Finance Minester.
Chinmoy- There is collective responsibility of union cabinet. Home Minister cannot be held solely responsible. There is lack of coordination between central and state governments, inefficiency of Intelligence Bureau, lack of proper training, leakage of secret information, corruption etc. all responsible. Home Minister is not individually and solely responsible for all these.
The cabinet should tackle the issue in consultation with state governments and ensure proper training of the security forces and guard against leakage of information.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@Guslshan

In my posts I have not attempted to lay the blame at the door of Mr. Chidambaram and as one of the legal eagles he must be aware of the constitutional position more than anyone else.The cabinet system of functions does underline the primacy of joint responsibility but the fact that he has volunteered to own the moral responsibility shows in him superior moral light.That is what I tried to emphasize.
Well he has served as finance minister where he only made lifes complicated by introducing Fringe Benefit Tax which was a big blunder. Believe it or not the stationery cost of filing the FBT return with the Govt, was higher than the tax paid by some of the small organisation.

Instead of making the tax structure simple he only made them complicated.

After becoming defence minister, he has not shown any signs of good decision maker either on many occassions. Time to give him some break.

But as a human being he is a very highly educated personality who can be put in a ministry such as education ministry where he can bring revolutionery changes through his experience in personal education.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
Chidambaram, who had come under attack from Left parties for telling West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya that "the buck stops with you" on ending political violence in the state.

This statement, directly or indirectly where the back stops for what happened in Dantewada.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.