Now there is a tendency to put questions in 'Answers section' that appear in other sites. Latest example is about words endingg with 'dous' and one other similar. This is indeed a sort of spamming. The questions should be genuine and should more appropriately relate to opinion and not facts that are fixed and available on various sites. To elucidate- It is useless to ask question on 'who is first P.M. of India'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
yes, I agree. I entered this section just 2 or 3 weeks before, for the first time. When I saw a few silly questions, I was surprised...for example our preferences, tastes etc. It's better to discuss such topics in forum than posting them in Qand A. Also, easy available answer type questions are numerous in the section. Why can't admin do a weekly cleanup? :silly:

Meera sandhu
yes, I agree. I entered this section just 2 or 3 weeks before, for the first time. When I saw a few silly questions, I was surprised...for example our preferences, tastes etc. It's better to discuss such topics in forum than posting them in Qand A. Also, easy available answer type questions are numerous in the section. Why can't admin do a weekly cleanup? :silly:

Moderators have been assigned authority to delete or edit such posts. i have just issued an advice. This will be followed by appropriate action by moderators.

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Can there by any specific guidelines as to what comes under "Forums" and what under "Q & A"? The other day I started a thread asking for names of software for web designing. That could have also come under "Q & A", I was told. I wanted to discuss that point here and so I posted it here. "Q & A" seems only one-way traffic.
not at all. Nowadays members have entered Q&A section too. I posted only 4 questions till now, got quick responses too.

You can post your doubts in either sections, your preference

Meera sandhu
Can there by any specific guidelines as to what comes under "Forums" and what under "Q & A"? The other day I started a thread asking for names of software for web designing. That could have also come under "Q & A", I was told. I wanted to discuss that point here and so I posted it here. "Q & A" seems only one-way traffic.

When you need only an answer, you may put your query in Q & A. But when you seek opinion or views, this should be in forum. This is a matter of your discretion. You said that you needed some discussion in your question on web designing. Thus, you rightly used the discussion forum.

I think points are more there so public is more interested this section.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

When you need only an answer, you may put your query in Q & A. But when you seek opinion or views, this should be in forum. This is a matter of your discretion. You said that you needed some discussion in your question on web designing. Thus, you rightly used the discussion forum.

That’s exactly and correctly put. It is up to one's own discretion. What one may feel like being in a Q & A format, for someone else it might be in the forum. So, I guess the members who start a discussion or put a question will not be a problem.

That’s exactly and correctly put. It is up to one's own discretion. What one may feel like being in a Q & A format, for someone else it might be in the forum. So, I guess the members who start a discussion or put a question will not be a problem.

I find that Q&A section is far better since people respond there to the point unlike here where many an interesting discussions get hijacked and become personal where everything else gets discussed except the subject matter ....It happens with most discussions and no one seems to bother about that....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I find that Q&A section is far better since people respond there to the point unlike here where many an interesting discussions get hijacked and become personal where everything else gets discussed except the subject matter ....It happens with most discussions and no one seems to bother about that....

It is very likely to happen what you said, because forums are after all like face-to-face talk. Q & A looks much formal than this. And it is very natural for a discussion to get carried away like it happens to us all when we discuss with each other with our family members or friends personally.

It is very likely to happen what you said, because forums are after all like face-to-face talk. Q & A looks much formal than this. And it is very natural for a discussion to get carried away like it happens to us all when we discuss with each other with our family members or friends personally.

Where is the need for rules and regulations in that case ? one can simply keep discussing what comes to the mind all the time....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.