Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Now there is a tendency to put questions in 'Answers section' that appear in other sites. Latest example is about words endingg with 'dous' and one other similar. This is indeed a sort of spamming. The questions should be genuine and should more appropriately relate to opinion and not facts that are fixed and available on various sites. To elucidate- It is useless to ask question on 'who is first P.M. of India'.

The tendency of asking the questions that appeared in other websites is not new in Q&A here. If you see old questions as old as 3 years in This site, you will find this trend . So this trend was existing ever since this site was born. Similarly there is a lot of spamming in Quotations. I brought this issue a few days ago in one of my forum s that it needs a moderator because its a high point yielding spot. Then the administrator has taken a step to contain this bad practice . it helped to some extent. But not fully.. The Q&A and Quotes, should be stopped completely or an effective measure has to be implemented.

Agreed that it has always been the trend here and elsewhere too, but that is exactly what responsible persons should do, 'NOT follow the undesirable trend set by others'. If I know that others are doing something which is wrong and undesirable, then as a person committed towards wellbeing of the site, I would not do that activity. If I still did that for my personal gain, then I have no business raising questions about that activity,. I would rather keep quiet!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Now there is a tendency to put questions in 'Answers section' that appear in other sites. Latest example is about words endingg with 'dous' and one other similar. This is indeed a sort of spamming. The questions should be genuine and should more appropriately relate to opinion and not facts that are fixed and available on various sites. To elucidate- It is useless to ask question on 'who is first P.M. of India'.

The tendency of asking the questions that appeared in other websites is not new in Q&A here. If you see old questions as old as 3 years in This site, you will find this trend . So this trend was existing ever since this site was born. Similarly there is a lot of spamming in Quotations. I brought this issue a few days ago in one of my forum s that it needs a moderator because its a high point yielding spot. Then the administrator has taken a step to contain this bad practice . it helped to some extent. But not fully.. The Q&A and Quotes, should be stopped completely or an effective measure has to be implemented.

Agreed that it has always been the trend here and elsewhere too, but that is exactly what responsible persons should do, 'NOT follow the undesirable trend set by others'. If I know that others are doing something which is wrong and undesirable, then as a person committed towards wellbeing of the site, I would not do that activity. If I still did that for my personal gain, then I have no business raising questions about that activity,. I would rather keep quiet!!

I agree with you on this point, there maybe some irregularities in some sections by some erring members but we shall have to see that we are not one of them.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I agree with you Kalyaniji. Even I have said earlier in one of the responses that I would not only write a response just to say a couple of words like good share or thanks or well said, etc. I am also in other forums and active there. But I have never copied those discussions here for sake of just points. I only am active where I feel the need.

I agree with you Kalyaniji. Even I have said earlier in one of the responses that I would not only write a response just to say a couple of words like good share or thanks or well said, etc. I am also in other forums and active there. But I have never copied those discussions here for sake of just points. I only am active where I feel the need.

Exactly Abhijeet! That is how one should participate in anything, not because everyone is doing that but because you want to and you have something worthwhile to say about the subject other than good information, thank you! :)

I also get very much irritated when some one keeps posting too sugary replies like wow, great job. many appreciations for giving valuable information etc. merely for some good info. To much sugar spoils everything! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51, usha manohar

@Abhi- I appreciate your viewpoint but may I clarify a few things here
1- Writing those short answers do not give you any points but only number of posts increase
2- If you copy those posts from other sites that would be considered plagiarism and deleted immediately. Therefore no one would do that.

Exactly Abhijeet! That is how one should participate in anything, not because everyone is doing that but because you want to and you have something worthwhile to say about the subject other than good information, thank you! :)

I also get very much irritated when some one keeps posting too sugary replies like wow, great job. many appreciations for giving valuable information etc. merely for some good info. To much sugar spoils everything! :blink:

Hahahaha, yes, too much sugar can invite diabetes. Anyways, I thank you for agreeing with me and posting something concrete which others would also take a note of.

1- Writing those short answers do not give you any points but only number of posts increase
2- If you copy those posts from other sites that would be considered plagiarism and deleted immediately. Therefore no one would do that.

1. So what should be the length of the posts to gain points too. I am willing to contribute positive and constructively to the posts. And not to just increase the numbers.
2. No worries. I would never do that.

1. So what should be the length of the posts to gain points too. I am willing to contribute positive and constructively to the posts. And not to just increase the numbers.
2. No worries. I would never do that.

The best way to know all about such things is to read FAQ ones to settle matter once for all. I have provided the link in your bonus thread today, hope that will help. Thanks.

Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal

There are some financial aspects associated with running a business, so is the case for running a website. If you know these aspects then it's okay otherwise let me give you my point of view. If you close all section of a website and every participation, I am afraid the website would have nothing to share with its members. Do you think every activity that you see here falls under spamming? Or it does not matter and counts toward generating revenue? Maybe some of it does not and is pure spamming but I am afraid we all are sailing in the same boat. As far positive and negative of activities in a particular section, I feel our admin knows best about it as he keeps a strict vigil on every activity. He will appoint/depute a moderator if he feels so or need be. For the time being we can do our best to contribute. as much we know and capable As far quote section the points have been reduced to one from three and the number of posts gone down considerably.

I didn't exactly say to close a section. I offered a choice too. I also said, there should be some serious thinking to come up with a solution that will not endanger the very root that is Boddunan. . Boddunan should remain forever that is and that would be my earnest wish.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.