I notice that is so, with people becoming more brash by the day and using impolite language in public places with utter disregard for others..one wonders what next ? and how far are down (low) are we going to stoop....
oni.jpeg (You do not have access to download this file.)
onion.jpeg (You do not have access to download this file.)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I also have noticed a similar thing as you, but with a little difference. I have seen that people are rash with those other people, whom they are not acquainted with. With the people they are acquainted, they are fair and polite. How'z that?
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Polite language is a thing of past. Lucknow is known for politeness. Once, the rich would send their children to Lucknow Tawaifs (prostitutes) to teach politeness to their children.

Politeness is to life what smell is to flower. But politeness must be combined with noble acts also. The villain in the movie sholey- ,Gabbar was impolite and so were Veeru and Jaya. BHut contrast this with movie shaan. The villain played by Kulbhushan Kharbanda was polite and well behaved. Some time back, some robbers entered a jewel shop in France and robbed the customers and shop. But they were very polite. The gang leader in very humble tone warned- Ladies and Gentlemen- Those desirous of leaving alive and safe may please place all their valuables and cash before me and silently stand in queue. They may leave only when we leave.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Everyone has become so much individualistic that most people think they are really great and intelligent. Intelligent they are but not at all cultured and the trend now is more of devil-may-care attitude and that leads to saying anything to anyone anyhow. Even the parents are now neglecting this much important factor, of cultivating manners and courtesy in the children. I know many parents I meet almost everyday, the children behaving very arrogantly and rudely to others and the parents actually take pride in that behavior. Very sadly, one such parent is my good friend and she is a doctor, her daughter is the same age as my son, and she is very aggressive and abusive to other children including my son. And my son is quite gentle and sensitive by nature, so this lady all the time tells me how I should make my son more aggressive. Is this what I should be teaching my child, to be aggressive and abusive? Or shouldn't she teach her daughter to be more polite and well-mannered? :blink:

I find it very irritating! :angry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I notice that is so, with people becoming more brash by the day and using impolite language in public places with utter disregard for others..one wonders what next ? and how far are down (low) are we going to stoop....

True. I observed being impolite is the trend equated with Modernity. I don't know,the basis for this bizarre equation.
An address like this- : "Suniye" has gone into oblivion.

"Hey, you"- they say is the inthing
Polite language is a thing of past. Lucknow is known for politeness. Once, the rich would send their children to Lucknow Tawaifs (prostitutes) to teach politeness to their children.

Politeness is to life what smell is to flower. But politeness must be combined with noble acts also. The villain in the movie sholey- ,Gabbar was impolite and so were Veeru and Jaya. BHut contrast this with movie shaan. The villain played by Kulbhushan Kharbanda was polite and well behaved. Some time back, some robbers entered a jewel shop in France and robbed the customers and shop. But they were very polite. The gang leader in very humble tone warned- Ladies and Gentlemen- Those desirous of leaving alive and safe may please place all their valuables and cash before me and silently stand in queue. They may leave only when we leave.

I had heard about Lucknow's politeness. But I didn't know that the rich sent their children to those people just to learn politeness. Well, that is great. The "tawaifs" are the class of people who are always looked upon. But there is a lot to learn from them too. Good that you mentioned that here.

I had heard about Lucknow's politeness. But I didn't know that the rich sent their children to those people just to learn politeness. Well, that is great. The "tawaifs" are the class of people who are always looked upon. But there is a lot to learn from them too. Good that you mentioned that here.

The Lucknow Tawaif were better known for their Muzra, a dance form rather than sex work.. Many would visit them only for muzra dance. They were well mannered.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The Lucknow Tawaif were better known for their Muzra, a dance form rather than sex work.. Many would visit them only for muzra dance. They were well mannered.

About the Lucknow manners. I used to hear one of my Lucknow friends admonishing his son " AAp Avval number ke Badmash hain.". so polite even with children while admonishing them

About the Lucknow manners. I used to hear one of my Lucknow friends admonishing his son " AAp Avval number ke Badmash hain.". so polite even with children while admonishing them

The "pehele aap pehele aap" thing is also associated with Lucknow. And see, the spelling of Lucknow - Luck - now. Well, there's luck now. So, it is a positive sign :P
I also have noticed a similar thing as you, but with a little difference. I have seen that people are rash with those other people, whom they are not acquainted with. With the people they are acquainted, they are fair and polite. How'z that?

That is showing double standards and also an opportunistic tendency, unless proven otherwise you remain the same with everyone, we will be closer to our relatives and others but that doesnt mean that you have to be rude with others...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Everyone has become so much individualistic that most people think they are really great and intelligent. Intelligent they are but not at all cultured and the trend now is more of devil-may-care attitude and that leads to saying anything to anyone anyhow. Even the parents are now neglecting this much important factor, of cultivating manners and courtesy in the children. I know many parents I meet almost everyday, the children behaving very arrogantly and rudely to others and the parents actually take pride in that behavior. Very sadly, one such parent is my good friend and she is a doctor, her daughter is the same age as my son, and she is very aggressive and abusive to other children including my son. And my son is quite gentle and sensitive by nature, so this lady all the time tells me how I should make my son more aggressive. Is this what I should be teaching my child, to be aggressive and abusive? Or shouldn't she teach her daughter to be more polite and well-mannered? :blink:

I find it very irritating! :angry:

I agree kalyani, it has to start from home where the children are taught the importance of manners and how to behave with others.I think you shouldn't even bother with the lady's advice, your son is doing fine and let him be his own person, not be as someone else wants.I used to get similar advice when my son was in school since he too was very sensitive and polite and never pushy, but I just let him be. Why should we go against nature ? and when we are teaching the right values, why bother about those who are in need of them in the first place?
I notice that when you bend there is always someone ready to step over you...

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.