The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It's told, a cigarette can cut short your age by 20 minutes...
Human life is so precious. Even 60 or 70 years is not enough to do everything we desire.
Then why should we reduce it further by using such dangerous things even after knowing its consequences????

it is a personal choice of the individual to either smoke or not to smoke. every smoker knows the consequences even after smoking just like an alcoholics knows the consequence after consuming alcohol.

what can we say? people kill themselves!

Swetha Shenoy
Human life is so precious. Even 60 or 70 years is not enough to do everything we desire.
Then why should we reduce it further by using such dangerous things even after knowing its consequences????

it is a personal choice of the individual to either smoke or not to smoke. every smoker knows the consequences even after smoking just like an alcoholics knows the consequence after consuming alcohol.

Yes.. Its always a personal choice.. You cannot insist others.. Just keep a check on ur self... Its not an easy addiction to give away...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Smoking is very harmful.But still people cannot stay far from it.those who are addicted to it cannot leave it in one chance.

Sharmistha Banerjee

That's why my copy says "Self immolation"
Smoking injurious is no doubt injurious. But the statements like this cuts so many minutes from life etc. do not convince the smokers. Exaggeration does not help. What are the statistics of longevity? Do non smokers definitely live long? There are many variables. I have seen many senior citizens who never stopped smoking. Then there are non smokers who die early. If we wish to campaign against something, this should be on sound footing.

I'm opposed to smoking. But I do not think than giving unconvincing arguments can help.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Smoking injurious is no doubt injurious. But the statements like this cuts so many minutes from life etc. do not convince the smokers. Exaggeration does not help. What are the statistics of longevity? Do non smokers definitely live long? There are many variables. I have seen many senior citizens who never stopped smoking. Then there are non smokers who die early. If we wish to campaign against something, this should be on sound footing.

I'm opposed to smoking. But I do not think than giving unconvincing arguments can help.

Then read this. I'm 82. My hand is so steady while drawing, i draw a flawless straight line without a scale. I'm a non -smoker. My brother who smoked like rail engine died at 40. I work for 12 hrs a day without traces of fatigue. And i can say that i will be a centenarian and remain unto the last in the same health condition.
Do you think a statement like this " Smoke and live long." will convince a smoker?
Smoking is very dangerous for health. It is cause of many health problems.

Be positive
People who are chain smokers can better opt for a special spray which can be used instead of smoking. This reduces health problem.

Then read this. I'm 82. My hand is so steady while drawing, i draw a flawless straight line without a scale. I'm a non -smoker. My brother who smoked like rail engine died at 40. I work for 12 hrs a day without traces of fatigue. And i can say that i will be a centenarian and remain unto the last in the same health condition.
Do you think a statement like this " Smoke and live long." will convince a smoker?

The smokers are generally convinced of the harm of smoking. But there is no conviction that non smoking will surely save them and smoking will surely kill them. so, they take risk. After all, they get some enjoyment presently. Harm appears remote and uncertain. Just convince them that they will definitely get cancer if they smoke and they will definitely be protected if they do not smoke. If everyone were to get cancer from smoking, there would be no smoker today.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The smokers are generally convinced of the harm of smoking. But there is no conviction that non smoking will surely save them and smoking will surely kill them. so, they take risk. After all, they get some enjoyment presently. Harm appears remote and uncertain. Just convince them that they will definitely get cancer if they smoke and they will definitely be protected if they do not smoke. If everyone were to get cancer from smoking, there would be no smoker today.

Not all smokers die because a particular level of smoking intensity will lead to death, This sensationalism is needed to intimidate just starters to dissuade them from getting addicted, Because Nicotine is a great addicting agent. Safety and health related propaganda should have that sensationalism. Otherwise the message will fly over their heads.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.