The topic is locked.
Nothing seems to work on the smokers from dissuading them from smoking. Millions were expended and still expending on the campaigns highlighting the hazards of smoking. Even the most ghastly pictures depicting the hazards are being printed on every tobacco containing product. Still the number of smokers continue to rise.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9185]}
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Nobody will commit sure suicide. Smoking may cause cancer but this is not certain. Many get cancer even if they avoid smoking. Many do not get cancer and stay healthy even if they smoke. Glaring example is chain smoker Sir Winston Churchill, British P.M. during second world war. Smokers get immediate and sure enjoyment from smoking whereas the risk of cancer is remote and uncertain. Why should they spoil the current pleasure for sake of avoiding distant and unsure risk. Hence, the shortsighted do not quit smoking. The timid and far sighted stop smoking.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
Message is good. Perhaps people would read this and try to control smoking. I hate smokers and drinkers. Men and women both have together started smoking and drinking habits.
Nobody will commit sure suicide. Smoking may cause cancer but this is not certain. Many get cancer even if they avoid smoking. Many do not get cancer and stay healthy even if they smoke. Glaring example is chain smoker Sir Winston Churchill, British P.M. during second world war. Smokers get immediate and sure enjoyment from smoking whereas the risk of cancer is remote and uncertain. Why should they spoil the current pleasure for sake of avoiding distant and unsure risk. Hence, the shortsighted do not quit smoking. The timid and far sighted stop smoking.

Wonderful conclusion. Let the clan of those shortsighted increase.

But I wish the the far sighted and timid increase. I am opposed to smoking. But I have only attempted to explain why the smokers do not quit smoking.

Nothing seems to work on the smokers from dissuading them from smoking. Millions were expended and still expending on the campaigns highlighting the hazards of smoking. Even the most ghastly pictures depicting the hazards are being printed on every tobacco containing product. Still the number of smokers continue to rise.

Wow, i am spellbound by your artistic portraits of every day life (previously you have depicted about a school bag and gunny bag visual)

You surely are an artist! do you have a regular publication in newspapers or magazines?

Swetha Shenoy

But I wish the the far sighted and timid increase. I am opposed to smoking. But I have only attempted to explain why the smokers do not quit smoking.

Its not that they do not want to quit smoking. It's that they cannot quit smoking.

Wow, i am spellbound by your artistic portraits of every day life (previously you have depicted about a school bag and gunny bag visual)

You surely are an artist! do you have a regular publication in newspapers or magazines?

I made 3 such anti- smoking posters for a non- governmental organization. These were published in The Times of India long ago
Message is good. Perhaps people would read this and try to control smoking. I hate smokers and drinkers. Men and women both have together started smoking and drinking habits.

It's partly due to the impact of western culture. We love to ape anything that's not ours.

It's partly due to the impact of western culture. We love to ape anything that's not ours.

We need not blame west for our ills. These date much before British entry to India. Hookah and Bidi are Indian. There is also desi brand of wine that existed centuries ago. There were rape, murder, theft etc. all long before British came. It is common habit to blame others for your shortcomings.

It's told, a cigarette can cut short your age by 20 minutes...
Human life is so precious. Even 60 or 70 years is not enough to do everything we desire.
Then why should we reduce it further by using such dangerous things even after knowing its consequences????

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.