Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No, brand is not as important as quality, style and fit. People buy brands because they have little self esteem and they think the brand lends them some kind of identity and purpose.

Sharmistha Banerjee
No, brand is not as important as quality, style and fit. People buy brands because they have little self esteem and they think the brand lends them some kind of identity and purpose.

Yes. I agree with you. People with low esteem will take the help of an external tool like branded stuff to boost their image. Its the height of ignorance.
I am living in small town, so i don't go to see brand to buy anything. Yes, I do have a lot of good brands,so, when I go to the malls in the city, i do prefer to buy branded products.

Want to make each day Accountable

Brand names are the names which we had made them as brand. Before getting them brand they are also normal companies.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I always see the comfort and quality of the product. I never mind what brand it is. Nowadays most of the non-branded products are in good quality.

Vinu
I think that the edible items should be branded products with AGMARK.. This affects health. We may use discretion on other products. Cost, durability matter.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I personally don't care much for brand names, but look only for quality, comfort and of course, price tag. Branded products unnecessarily are priced too high just for the name they carry, there are several products that are equally good and are reasonably priced. Brand names are I think, just a vehicle for satisfying egos of certain kind of people,.

For some people exhibiting grand names of their Brands they use is a passion.

A passion, I feel, wasted on useless stuff like that, which could be better utilized otherwise! It is just to give them a sense of superiority over others!

I agree since some of them are so exorbitantly priced that it makes no sense, happened to see a Louis Vuitton handbag priced at nearly 2 lakh rupees plus and it looked like any other...I too prefer good quality and more than anything I should like it, be it 100 rupees or more...

I would much rather do something much useful with that amount than spend it on a single handbag! :blink: Yes, I have many often read the price tags for such items like Jimmy Choo shoes costing rs.50,000 etc and wondered what kind of people really spend that amount of money on such items! :huh:

Kalyani, some people have the money and we see many of our stars and celebrities wearing only designer wear costumes costing a couple of lakh rupees for all public occasions but there are some who want to project themselves along side, upping their social status with them and they would rather beg borrow or steal to be at the same level which is ridiculous..

That's true USha!! In the ned it is all about gaining superiority over the others, means for that superiority is usually material stuff like such expensive items rather than knowledge or insight!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
I think that the edible items should be branded products with AGMARK.. This affects health. We may use discretion on other products. Cost, durability matter.

This is one aspect of branding that was ignored in the discussion! Yes, Agmark is a brand that we should look for while buying food stuff because of its reliability and quality testing procedures!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I personally don't care much for brand names, but look only for quality, comfort and of course, price tag. Branded products unnecessarily are priced too high just for the name they carry, there are several products that are equally good and are reasonably priced. Brand names are I think, just a vehicle for satisfying egos of certain kind of people,.

For some people exhibiting grand names of their Brands they use is a passion.

A passion, I feel, wasted on useless stuff like that, which could be better utilized otherwise! It is just to give them a sense of superiority over others!

I agree since some of them are so exorbitantly priced that it makes no sense, happened to see a Louis Vuitton handbag priced at nearly 2 lakh rupees plus and it looked like any other...I too prefer good quality and more than anything I should like it, be it 100 rupees or more...

I would much rather do something much useful with that amount than spend it on a single handbag! :blink: Yes, I have many often read the price tags for such items like Jimmy Choo shoes costing rs.50,000 etc and wondered what kind of people really spend that amount of money on such items! :huh:

Kalyani, some people have the money and we see many of our stars and celebrities wearing only designer wear costumes costing a couple of lakh rupees for all public occasions but there are some who want to project themselves along side, upping their social status with them and they would rather beg borrow or steal to be at the same level which is ridiculous..

That's true USha!! In the ned it is all about gaining superiority over the others, means for that superiority is usually material stuff like such expensive items rather than knowledge or insight!

I think such things have also made way for fake brands flooding the market, one can get a fake Rolex watch looking exactly like the original for 1000 rupees whereas the original costs anywhere between a lakh and a half or even more...same is the case of shoes,hand bags etc...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I will say One example for jeans. The brand jeans which costs 1500 Rs will be made for Rs 250 and they will sell for rs 1500. So plenty of loss for the customers.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.