Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
If I had two pennies I would like to purchase food because without food I cannot stay.I cannot stay with empty stomach.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Although in the short term it appears that more money means more wealth, all we really have is more money. If prices are higher than what they are today or could have been, it means that each penny buys less than it would have. It is like the story I faced at a restaurant when I had only 2 Rs long back. When the sandwitch arrived the waiter asked, would you like this cut into 2 or 4 pieces, I said Cut it in eight pieces- I am extra hungry today. So this is all about the need of the hour. Yes we need all other things as well but then hunger is the prime factor.

mmmm.. makes you think :dry: Hunger of course is the basic necessity and no one can run away from the fact that we earn to fill our stomach and everything else comes later..I wonder what one can buy with 2 rupees today ? :huh:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Although in the short term it appears that more money means more wealth, all we really have is more money. If prices are higher than what they are today or could have been, it means that each penny buys less than it would have. It is like the story I faced at a restaurant when I had only 2 Rs long back. When the sandwitch arrived the waiter asked, would you like this cut into 2 or 4 pieces, I said Cut it in eight pieces- I am extra hungry today. So this is all about the need of the hour. Yes we need all other things as well but then hunger is the prime factor.

mmmm.. makes you think :dry: Hunger of course is the basic necessity and no one can run away from the fact that we earn to fill our stomach and everything else comes later..I wonder what one can buy with 2 rupees today ? :huh:

Yes you may not get much with two rupees but when you are hungry you may find few pieces of bread good too to eat and I think one can get at least 2 pieces of it in today's time also. :laugh:
I don't agree with you food is the basic need once a person has his stomach full then only he can think of other things.If I were left with 2 pennies I would also have bought the foood material first than anything else.I remember the film in which Raj kappor had some $8 and had to visit whole world he did it but faced many problems for fulfilling his wish. :blink:

But he did manage it and found his love as well right ? :) The film was Around the World....had many good songs like chale jaana zara tehero, one of my fav songs !
I agree that food is the most essential and one would first think of taking care of that need and then only think of others...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I don't agree with you food is the basic need once a person has his stomach full then only he can think of other things.If I were left with 2 pennies I would also have bought the foood material first than anything else.I remember the film in which Raj kappor had some $8 and had to visit whole world he did it but faced many problems for fulfilling his wish. :blink:

But he did manage it and found his love as well right ? :) The film was Around the World....had many good songs like chale jaana zara tehero, one of my fav songs !
I agree that food is the most essential and one would first think of taking care of that need and then only think of others...

Oh come on that was a film but in reality it does not happen you won't find a girl if you have no money in your pocket. In city like Delhi boys which can't spend rarely have girl friends. :woohoo:
As long as I have skill and can perform, it matters least what i am left with. Even when all is finished, I may earn something to eat. Just visiting some friend as courtesy will provide me a cup of tea and biscuits.

I also remember the movie 'Around the world' mentioned by Sanjeev Gupta. The whole story is about the hero moving throughout the world just in eight dollars.

Personally, some time in eighties, one colleague of mine was in a strong mood for taking wine. Being end of month, i had not even a single rupee left. Military stores were being stock taken and so no wine could be issued on credit from there. So, we could only go to some bar in city. But neither he nor I had money. Then he got a very bright idea. He collected some empty bottles and old newspaper from his room and mine. On selling these, we got cash for wine. This is case of being left with zero penny.

LOL, so it really doesnt matter whether you have two pennies or zero, as long as you have ideas and are inventive you can survive anywhere and anyhow...Earlier , I too used to think that money solved all problems in life, but I have been proved wrong more than once...

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Yes you may not get much with two rupees but when you are hungry you may find few pieces of bread good too to eat and I think one can get at least 2 pieces of it in today's time also. :laugh:

I would spend my 2Rs for purchasing 100 gm of potato and have them roasted in a tandoor to feed myself. :lol:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

In the time when everyone is running after their dreams of a big life this question is worth giving a thought. We have become a part of the rat race and forgotten the very essence of life. Life is having time for yourself and indulging in the beauty of nature at least once in a while, experiencing the joy in the little things around and being at peace with your body and soul.

Thats true, but if one makes a conscious effort it is easy to rectify that and add quality to ones life.It does not need money or any great effort to do that..

Yes it is not difficult at all. We have plenty of ways around us to add quality and joys to our lives the only thing required is deciding to do so.

Live in the present :)

I would spend my 2Rs for purchasing 100 gm of potato and have them roasted in a tandoor to feed myself. :lol:

Not a bad idea at all ! In fact it is a great idea :cheer: The other day I handed a two rupee coin to a beggar and he gave me a dirty look , almost saying cant you do better ?
If an individual has vision , then having just two rupees will only spur him/her on to look for avenues and ways to earn and better ones position.A person I feel works best when he is under pressure ..

Not a bad idea at all ! In fact it is a great idea :cheer: The other day I handed a two rupee coin to a beggar and he gave me a dirty look , almost saying cant you do better ?
If an individual has vision , then having just two rupees will only spur him/her on to look for avenues and ways to earn and better ones position.A person I feel works best when he is under pressure ..

:laugh: :laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Asha, nowadays expenses are very high....what can he buy with 2 rupees...can't buy even a candy for his kid :woohoo: :woohoo:
Give him big notes ;)

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.