In Southern districts of Kerala, initials of our name indicate the first letters of a child's parents while in middle and northern regions, mother's name is nowhere included and initials of a kid include his father and his family name only. What about you people? Also, give expansion of your names.
My intials is T.S. Thankarajan for father and Selvi for mother.
May be given in reverse order also, if the kid is a girl. It's only personal preference.
Here, another procedure is also there, to include any one of the parents' name.....particularly, if boy, given father's name and if girl, given mother's name.

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am a Punjabi settled in U.P. There is no tradition of using either father's or mother's name in an individuals' name. an individual's name is entirely his own and he only uses family surname as a suffix. My name is G.K. Ajmani (Gulshan Kumar Ajmani). Only 'Ajmani' is surname and the initials 'G.K.' pertain to me only.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

S, your name include only family name (for both girls and boys)????? Not even father's name?????
If so, will girls change their names after marriage? In their certificates also, they have to change????

Also, is it necessary that their name according to records should have family name also???

Meera sandhu
In our andhra pradesh, fathers initial only will be for all the members of the family, though it is a girl or boy.

sorry I am not interested to present the full form of my initial

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

S, your name include only family name (for both girls and boys)????? Not even father's name?????
If so, will girls change their names after marriage? In their certificates also, they have to change????

Also, is it necessary that their name according to records should have family name also???

Girls' surname only changes. In some families, there is tradition to change entire name. The girls may get the change notified officially by advertising in a newspaper. But all girls do not do so. They continue to use maiden name for education and employment.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In our families if the stars of the girl does not suit boys stars according to the astrology then they take the strength of the name and they change the name so that their astrologies suites each other and their relation will get strenghten

I am Punjabi and my full name is RONARK NARESH BHARDWAJ.
First is the Name of mine, second is the father's name and then the surname.

Want to make each day Accountable

So, nowhere, your mother is included!!!!

Meera sandhu
yes, mothers surname never included in any religion. Because i feel from starting men are dominating women

I live in Bihar and in this region the last name of father is used by all family members except unmarried girls..........
I know in Kerala they have world record log names for example PT Usha. We have nothing like that a simple name with surname is enough. In schools they are keeping records of parent's names as well, which appears on certificates.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.