Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I go with the crowd when i find my brain not working for the particular thing but i feel it better to listen/follow others when we can't decide where to go.Most of the time it is safe but sometimes it may be risky but that's luck and you can't blame it to others. :blink:

Sanjeev,as long as it does not directly concern other individuals it is alright to play it safe by following the majority ! But there can be a situation where the entire crowd is wrong being manipulated by one bad element, then just imagine how things could turn out ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

When ever people see croud at one place,more people will be attracted to see what is happening there.
This is the same thing people do in their life.

Want to make each day Accountable

I agree, but not most almost all people, say 99% have a herd mentality. Look in the media, and you will see what happens. A person who is hyped by the media, even though he or she may be completely without talent or merit, will get a huge number of fans, just because the media says so. Not just that, even in real life, people who speak nonsense and phony praises of others, even though they may not mean it, are still liked by many, in spite of their complete phonyness! Its like people are programmed to do it.

Yes that's very true ! most people easily get taken in by other stronger personalities who are able to manipulate the behavior of the crowd. The very fact that hundreds of people go and attack someone (just because they were asked to do so or were mentally conditioned to do so)who may have no personal enemity or issues with them, are only acting on impulse .This is possible because people are easily mislead in issues concerning others...I doubt if they would act in a similar manner if it concerns them or their own close family :huh:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes.. This is going on everywhere.. They always like to play safely.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
We always try to follow the crowd blindly as we think others are all correct. But the truth is not like that.. :laugh: :laugh: :cheer:

Vinu
They follow the others like the sheep in the cattle. They dont have idea and they dont want to take risk.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

@Sasi...they means who?
Doesn't it include you also? ha ha

Meera sandhu
I agree, but not most almost all people, say 99% have a herd mentality. Look in the media, and you will see what happens. A person who is hyped by the media, even though he or she may be completely without talent or merit, will get a huge number of fans, just because the media says so. Not just that, even in real life, people who speak nonsense and phony praises of others, even though they may not mean it, are still liked by many, in spite of their complete phonyness! Its like people are programmed to do it.

Yes that's very true ! most people easily get taken in by other stronger personalities who are able to manipulate the behavior of the crowd. The very fact that hundreds of people go and attack someone (just because they were asked to do so or were mentally conditioned to do so)who may have no personal enemity or issues with them, are only acting on impulse .This is possible because people are easily mislead in issues concerning others...I doubt if they would act in a similar manner if it concerns them or their own close family :huh:

Of course they would not where they themselves and their family is concerned, at least most times. But give them something to hate and something to love, and they are happy. Simply because they are unable or are afraid to choose for themselves. Also, one thing I have observed is that no one wants to take pains of THINKING and ANALYSING for themselves. This could also be a reason for herding!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@ vinodh, it may not be because they are correct , like for instance, we tend to follow our elders whether we agree with them or not, and at times when we are in a group, we tend to follow the person ( there always is one ) who is making all the decisions and you simply follow along with the others...
Siddu, I too feel that it is the risk factor and playing for safety that is predominant in most people's minds..and as Sandhya points out, we all do it at some time or the other...

It may not be right to follow any one sheepishly but we have often to accept team views otherwise there can be no move and only anarchy will prevail. It is okay to have independent views bu we have to act as a team in most cases.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.