Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It may not be right to follow any one sheepishly but we have often to accept team views otherwise there can be no move and only anarchy will prevail. It is okay to have independent views bu we have to act as a team in most cases.

That is a different case altogether and many other factors come in ..Following rules and regulations is something that we all have to do, but often we see people blindly following others , not even aware why they are doing it !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

But I too strong think that, there is nothing wrong if we follow the good things.
In that case, we already know what is good.

Want to make each day Accountable

It is silly to follow the crowd blindly. There is no problem to follow the crowd for a good cause but if we do not agree with the crowd or if we are not at all aware about the situation then it is better to step out of the crowd and stay aloof without following it blindly just for playing safe.
It is silly to follow the crowd blindly. There is no problem to follow the crowd for a good cause but if we do not agree with the crowd or if we are not at all aware about the situation then it is better to step out of the crowd and stay aloof without following it blindly just for playing safe.

But it happens all the time, take for example people following politicians and religious leaders without actually analysing just because others are doing it ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We should know what is correct and what is wrong then we should take decision.

Want to make each day Accountable

Very true, I agree with you totally!! Again, a good cause is a very relative term, without understanding the implications or anything, people tend to follow a lot of groups or movements without really understanding it.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Very true, I agree with you totally!! Again, a good cause is a very relative term, without understanding the implications or anything, people tend to follow a lot of groups or movements without really understanding it.

Many join causes or groups neither because they believe in cause or object of organization. They also are not of herd mentality. They join for certain selfish ends with a purpose. They get a social and professional leverage. Here I know many have joined Radha Swamy sect only to impress their clients and business associates so as to enhance their own prospects and income. This also explains why many opportunist elements join a political party in power. For example, Brahmins joined Bahujan Samajvadi Party and even became ministers in U.P. even though this party is Dalit organization and anti Brahmin. Apart from herd mentality, opportunism also prompts people to follow dominant groups.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Many join causes or groups neither because they believe in cause or object of organization. They also are not of herd mentality. They join for certain selfish ends with a purpose. They get a social and professional leverage. Here I know many have joined Radha Swamy sect only to impress their clients and business associates so as to enhance their own prospects and income. This also explains why many opportunist elements join a political party in power. For example, Brahmins joined Bahujan Samajvadi Party and even became ministers in U.P. even though this party is Dalit organization and anti Brahmin. Apart from herd mentality, opportunism also prompts people to follow dominant groups.

Yes, this is one aspect that definitely explains peoples
motives for joining others!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

When people join groups for opportunism or personal gains we can exactly pin point a reason for their behavior.But when people get swayed by loose talk and get taken in even when there is no evidence, it can have far reaching implications to others who are the targets !

When people join groups for opportunism or personal gains we can exactly pin point a reason for their behavior.But when people get swayed by loose talk and get taken in even when there is no evidence, it can have far reaching implications to others who are the targets !

The opportunists do not tell their real motive. They just say that they are following the leader on conviction. So, they appear following herd mentality whereas real motive is sheer opportunism. So, there are two type of sheep inthe herd- real and fake (opportunist)

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.