Hi everyone,

With India on the verge of becoming the super power nation, we should remember that there should be all round development.

Let India not only be a superpower economically but also enviornmently.

I would like to urge all the members and all reading this post to please plant atleast one tree per person in your sorroundings this weekend or whenever possible. If you are living in a Society please spread this word all around and plant trees in the society compounds. Also spread this awareness amongst your friends and dear ones.

If there is no place, please plant the same at your nearby park or a ground.

Please take care of them till the siblings grow into small trees. You can plant any tree of your choice. Just for information Neem trees are the only trees that provide oxygen for 24 hours others only during day time.

Lets make this country a green heaven to live.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes its a very good challenge to take. Lets post all the ideas that we get to make India superpower.

My idea is,
While washing clothes, its better to wash them in cold water whenever possible. Because most of the energy used to machine-wash clothes goes to heating the water.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Great topic jayen.
I love to plant trees.
Friends lets use Debit card instead of using cash to save papers.
Also we can follow below so that we can save paper and power.

1. Dont use tissues in office after washing your hands instead you can use your handkerchief for that.
2. Please use your water bottle intead of paper cups in breakout areas.
3. Daily switch off the fan, lights and TV for 1 hour. In that 1 hour u can have a walk in the terrace or any park near your house.
4. Disable the vibration mode in your mobile phones. That can save upto 30% of power
5. Turn off your computer whenever you step away from your system for a while.
Naveena, thats very good deeds to be done.

There is another point to be stated.
Use a water filter to purify tap water instead of buying bottled water. Not only is bottled water expensive, but it generates large amounts of container waste.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
yeah!!!! thats really true.....we have lot of many other options that could save lot of power and paper.... only thing is we will not follow these when time comes. So its better we can pledge ourselves atleast once a month with atleast one option that saves the power or paper.

A small pledge will make a lot of difference. For Example you can pledge to yourselves saying that you will use handkerchief then you can save paper upto some extent by not using the tissues.

You can slowly start taking these pledges ASAP. With in a week u willnot see the differences but for sure after some days truly it will make some difference.
Deepti wrote:
[quote]Yes its a very good challenge to take. Lets post all the ideas that we get to make India superpower.

My idea is,
While washing clothes, its better to wash them in cold water whenever possible. Because most of the energy used to machine-wash clothes goes to heating the water.[/quote]

What an Idea madamji

Naveena Dasari wrote:
[quote]Also we can follow below so that we can save paper and power.

1. Dont use tissues in office after washing your hands instead you can use your handkerchief for that.
2. Please use your water bottle intead of paper cups in breakout areas.
3. Daily switch off the fan, lights and TV for 1 hour. In that 1 hour u can have a walk in the terrace or any park near your house.
4. Disable the vibration mode in your mobile phones. That can save upto 30% of power
5. Turn off your computer whenever you step away from your system for a while.[/quote]

What an idea madamji!!

soubhagya das wrote:
[quote]Great topic jayen.
I love to plant trees.
Friends lets use Debit card instead of using cash to save papers.[/quote]

What an idea sirji

I do like the suggestions made by Deepti and Naveena to be very simple but very effective if followed in our daily lives.Planting saplings and taking care of them is another useful idea but the place I am currently living has very little scope for it.If all we are determined to protect our planet everyone of us can make a big difference through our small efforts on this score.
Thank you chinmoy!

One more point:
To travel short distances, its better to choose to WALK, instead of using bikes or individual travel means. This reduces pollution and also a sort of exercise to us. For long disses. stances, public travel means can be used, like bu

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.