A count of 12 years- Vyaazhavattom (What is it called in English, I don't know) has passed since we are living in New Millenium. What are the major changes occurred in World and our country, from 90's? Has it really advanced?

I think major developments have occurred in Information Technology - Mobile, ATMs, Online transactions, Internet, Social networking etc. What else has happened in the world?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
With the advance of information technology, there is wider flow of thoughts and spread of education by distant mode. There is more democratization. We witnessed this in some middle east countries. There is also more terrorism in this period. The terrorists also get the latest weapons and technology. It is feared that the terrorists may damage the entire transport and other systems by computer virus and hijacking web sites.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Computers have really changed the world. But more people are becoming addict to it, including us. As Gulshanji suggested, cyber crimes are also increasing.

Now, mobiles are used by even common people. Since all the calls and messages are recorded, it has become easy for Police to find out many crimes more easily, than a decade before. ie. Though crimes have increased, modern technology is also advanced to find the criminals.

Meera sandhu
IT revolution! It has revolutionised our thoughts and actions! Has unleashed powers of an unimaginable kind!
There are many changes developed in the media and technology every day new things are developed.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

In a new millenium india become the superpower in every aspect of field and achieve their goal.
Talking about changes one must take note of the unprecedented scale of environmental and ecological degradation that this millenium ha brought in which is proving to be a big challenge for the world.We have yet to be successful in our efforts in finding a credible alternative to fossil fuels which is almost a depleted source of energy. Energy crisis looms very large in the horizon!
Before 12 years, most families own a bicycle. But now, each working person has a car. As Chinmoyji told, fossil fuels have depreciated. I think, vehicles have almost doubled for the past 10 years.

Standard of living has increased for sure. But expenses have also increased many fold.
Value of money has depreciated. But value of land has increased.
Population has increased. But death rate has decreased.
Poverty has decreased. But necessities have increased.
Agricultural land has decreased. But people living in flats and villas have increased.
And thus goes on and on......

Meera sandhu
Summed up nicely! And these are going to create enormous pressures in this planet. Human need can be tackled but not human greed! We are leaving a dangerous world for our posterity!
The biggest problem to face, I think it will be global warming. Our beautiful planet is heating up, melting ice in the poles. Yet we can't do anything to check it.

Why can't government bring in laws to regulate the number of vehicles held by each people? Also, give a ration card for fuel subscription? I think, it will reduce the no. of vehicles considerably, thus saving some more petroleum products for our future generation.

Meera sandhu
If you put the activities of any government under the scanner, you would find one thing for sure, it is their recklessness in giving primacy to short term goals than thinking long term! All are behaving like 'prodigal sons'!!!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.