Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]In a new millenium india become the superpower in every aspect of field and achieve their goal. [/quote]

We are still along way from our goals, come think of it, which are not even clearly defined by our leaders! The new millennium in India has only seen corruption and more and more increase in its magnitude and scale!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

India now lack an efficient leader and his assistants who can lead us from front. All are busy in their own activities. It is not easy to guide this second most populated country of the world. Yet, we can hope such a day with arise with new hopes and dreams to be fulfilled!

Meera sandhu
[quote]A period of 12 years- Is there any term in English? [/quote]

You may be referring to what is called a Tapa (a period of 12 years) in Sanskrit language. There is no term in English for that.

[quote]A period of 12 years- Is there any term in English?

You may be referring to what is called a Tapa (a period of 12 years) in Sanskrit language. There is no term in English for that.[/quote]

It is called 'Vyaazhavattom' in Malayalam. Perhaps I might have read the word 'Tapa' somewhere.

Meera sandhu
I think another aspect which needs highlighting is the kind of dehumanization process which our so-called progress and development have brought in.Our intimate interface with machine-driven technology is implanting a kind of robot in us.We have become impervious to the misery and sorrow of our fellow human beings. What do you say?
[quote]
I think another aspect which needs highlighting is the kind of dehumanization process which our so-called progress and development have brought in.Our intimate interface with machine-driven technology is implanting a kind of robot in us.We have become impervious to the misery and sorrow of our fellow human beings. What do you say?
[/quote]

I agree! We have become more materialistic than ever before! All we highly value now is shining glitzy malls, multiplexes, cars rather than pleasing nature and intelligent humanity!

To gain something, we have to loss something. Yes, it is a truth that, for a past decade or so, we are more dependent on machines than humans. But to initiate machine power, some manual power is also necessary. It has created opportunities also,in a highly populated country, particularly in IT field. Also, it is not an easy task to do all operations manually when requirements are increasing.

Meera sandhu
As I have mentioned in my first post that IT revolution has indeed revolutionised our very view and outlook but here we have to accept that some seamy sides have already appeared.Our earlier view of this planet possessing infinite scale of resources has proved erroneous with remote-sensing sending chilling images of disappearing forests and polluted seas and rivers!IT can at best be a tool not a panacea to all our basic problems!
I got the answer from one of my Malayali friends.

We can term 'Vyazhavattom' in English as 'Jupiter year'
Vyazham in Malayalam means Jupiter and it takes 12 earth years for Jupiter to complete one revolution. So 12 earth years can be termed as 1 Jupiter year.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_is_a_year_on_Jupiter

Meera sandhu
[quote]As I have mentioned in my first post that IT revolution has indeed revolutionised our very view and outlook but here we have to accept that some seamy sides have already appeared.Our earlier view of this planet possessing infinite scale of resources has proved erroneous with remote-sensing sending chilling images of disappearing forests and polluted seas and rivers!IT can at best be a tool not a panacea to all our basic problems! [/quote]

I agree! Dependency on machines has helped relieve some physical stresses and hard labour but it has alienated us from some very basic and fine human feelings and touch with others. It has made us insensitive. what used to be the means to some finer things, has now become the goal, eg. money and money alone, rules!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.