Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
For what your city is famous for.

My city is Thiruvananthapuram.....of course, the capital city. Now it's getting more attention for the treasure got from Padmanabhaswamy temple.
It's also famous for Attukal Ponkala when, more than 10 lakh women make Pongala payasam for Attukal Devi in Pooram star day of malayalam month Medam.
Then....it's famous for many tourist destinations like Veli lake, Ponmudi hill station....
Kovalam and resorts are only 15 kms away.
Then many palaces including Kanakakunnu....are good destinations for relieving ourselves. Next to it, is museum and zoo....
Zoo at TVM is best of Kerala, which spread in acres and need a lot of time to see it once. Filled with many shady trees of more than 30-50 years, it's very good place in the heart of the city to breath fresh air.
I think, meuseum, zoo and Kanaka kunu palace together has more than 50-100 acres spread.......once it was under rajas...now under Kerala Tourism.
It's a great joy to our eyes to see whole palace decorated during Onam season, its procession etc....Actually, whole city and its buildings including its parliament and secretariat will be decorated for 10 days.

Meera sandhu
I am from the historical city Aurangabad situated in Maharashtra. The name Aurangabad means Built by the Throne and it is also called as City Of Gates. recently it is declared as the tourism capital of Maharashtra.It is famous for Bibi Ka Maqbara which was built by Mughal Prince Azam Shah in tribute of his loving mother Rabia Durani, the first wife of Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb. The monument is an imitation of Taj Mahal and is also called as mini Taj of Deccan. The major tourist attraction of Aurangabad district are the UNESCO world heritage sites, Ajanta and Ellora caves

I know Aurangabad is a very good place as i have spent my four years there as i did engineering from there.Nearby Aurangabad there is historical DOULTABAD forte,KHULTABAD where there is famous temple of Hunumanji,Chand Bibi ka Makbara is very famous and it resembles TAJ MAHAL.Overall its a very nice city. :)
Bruce Lee wrote:
For what your city is famous for.

My city is Thiruvananthapuram.....of course, the capital city. Now it's getting more attention for the treasure got from Padmanabhaswamy temple.
It's also famous for Attukal Ponkala when, more than 10 lakh women make Pongala payasam for Attukal Devi in Pooram star day of malayalam month Medam.
Then....it's famous for many tourist destinations like Veli lake, Ponmudi hill station....
Kovalam and resorts are only 15 kms away.
Then many palaces including Kanakakunnu....are good destinations for relieving ourselves. Next to it, is museum and zoo....
Zoo at TVM is best of Kerala, which spread in acres and need a lot of time to see it once. Filled with many shady trees of more than 30-50 years, it's very good place in the heart of the city to breath fresh air.
I think, meuseum, zoo and Kanaka kunu palace together has more than 50-100 acres spread.......once it was under rajas...now under Kerala Tourism.
It's a great joy to our eyes to see whole palace decorated during Onam season, its procession etc....Actually, whole city and its buildings including its parliament and secretariat will be decorated for 10 days.

Sandhya so I love your state so much . I will visit in my life time once.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Do come with your Geetha...
You can come to Thrissur also.....Vadakkumnatha temple is very famous... Athirappally waterfalls is near

Meera sandhu
You can come to Thrissur also.....Vadakkumnatha temple is very famous... Athirappally waterfalls is near

I want to visit jagannada swami temple which is famous now a days.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I want to visit jagannada swami temple which is famous now a days.

Is it Puri Jagannath Temple? :dry:
It's not in Kerala :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
Gwalior Fact 2 :

It is also called The City of Music. Gwalior Gharana is one of the oldest Khyal Gharana. Legendary musician Tansen was from Gwalior and he was one of the navratna (nine jwells) of Emperor Akbar.

Tomb of Tansen
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8331]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8332]}

You used to be in Coimbatore, when did you shift to Gwalior???

first of june 2011 :dry: !!

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
My city is famous for beach and many temples like srikanaka mahalakshmi temple, sampad vinayaka temple, yerukumamba temple, lalitha devi temple, vybhav venkateswara temple, paurnami temple, simhachalam

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I am from the historical city Aurangabad situated in Maharashtra. The name Aurangabad means Built by the Throne and it is also called as City Of Gates. recently it is declared as the tourism capital of Maharashtra.It is famous for Bibi Ka Maqbara which was built by Mughal Prince Azam Shah in tribute of his loving mother Rabia Durani, the first wife of Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb. The monument is an imitation of Taj Mahal and is also called as mini Taj of Deccan. The major tourist attraction of Aurangabad district are the UNESCO world heritage sites, Ajanta and Ellora caves

I know Aurangabad is a very good place as i have spent my four years there as i did engineering from there.Nearby Aurangabad there is historical DOULTABAD forte,KHULTABAD where there is famous temple of Hunumanji,Chand Bibi ka Makbara is very famous and it resembles TAJ MAHAL.Overall its a very nice city. :)

Aurangabad is main tourist's attraction city of Maharastra.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Why dont everyone share atleast one picture of the famous places in their city..

here goes mine..Most popular valley in AP...Aarku valley is near my city..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8342]}

Rushikonda beach in our city is famous for water sports and foreign tourist stay in the nearby resorts...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8343]}

Submarine museum at RKBeach

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8344]}
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.