Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is no static concept of 'democracy'. Every thing should revolve around people and their interest.It's all very well that we have a functioning democracy but whose very base is being eroded by corrupt political culture.Look at our rank in the list of Transparency International!
[quote]There is no static concept of 'democracy'. Every thing should revolve around people and their interest.It's all very well that we have a functioning democracy but whose very base is being eroded by corrupt political culture.Look at our rank in the list of Transparency International! [/quote]

Right, a democracy is called a democracy when it is totally in the interest of the people. The moment it ceases to consider the interests of the very people for whom it is supposed to look out for, it is no longer a democracy. I think we have already reached or rather, crossed that point.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Anna Hazare is knowingly or unknowingly contributing to the strengthening of democratic institutions. The high priests of these institutions have turned their back on the people. So our democracy is threatened to be a 'phoney' one! People must rise to guard their rights!
Yes! we should all support Anna Hazare in his movement. There are always going to be those who will vehemently oppose him by calling him anarchist and what not, turn a blind eye to those!

Thank you said by: ajay
He has no stakes in political or govermental offices,I don't know why people are questioning his motives.After all he has solid record of public service! Compare that with that of any of the sychophants of Gandhi family!
This is exactly the thing that upsets me. Those who have done NOT A SINGLE THING for others in their entire life, then spend some 10 minutes in someone's hut and are considered as being the uplifter of the poor in India. Whereas someone who has dedicated his entire life for others, who has sacrificed his [personal life gets labelled an anarchist! :angry:

I too feel the same way! Great Digvijay even insinuated that he is in league with BJP eyeing for President's post!
anna hazare might not be in league with any of the political parties...but he does have some reasons behind this so called fasting and satyagrahas...and those reasons will not be clean and soothing for the ears.
@Kalyani

History records ananrchical development spearheaded by great revolutionary leaders which were preludes to revolutionary changes and some people who kept on analysing those acitvities as purely anarchical were proved completely wrong. I just refer to event before French and Russian revolutions!

Anna movement is not comparable to French and Russian revolutions. We are a democratic countries and can bring any changes constitutionally. The Russian revolution overthrew tyrannical monarchy and replaced with Lenin led government. This was not possible otherwise. Anna is compared to Gandhi. Gandhi was truly an independent fighter unlike anna whose sole aim is anarchy and disorder. There is no doubt that Anna movement is being used by communal elements and others for their narrow ends.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@Gushanji

I think you have missed the point I was talking about revilutionary condition which culminated in a new revolution. I also don't agree that Anna's movement is only helping only such narrow sectarian interests.I can cite several instances where a democratic ruler acquiring dictatorial ambitions which necessitated such movements which we choose to call 'anarchic',witnessed similar movements. Bangladesh is a case in point.If we stick to such interpretation of democracy,there won't be any movement against Mugabe in Zimbabawe where funnily democracy exists,elections are regularly rigged to keep the corrupt set in power! By the way, Had there there been no JP whom you also call an anarchist, India's cause for democracy would have vanished into thin air! Late Indira's Gandhi's extra-constitutional ambitions had the sanction of our democracy!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.