Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It's not only 2wheeler or 4Wheeler drivers are abusing the cell, even the pedestrians using the cell phone causing lot of inconvenience to the traffic.
Few days back I was driving my car and ahead of me a motorcycle driver was talking on his mobile and drifting way towards the pavement. He stopped for a moment and then took off again while continuing to talk on his mobile. In the process his wife slipped from the rear seat of which he was unaware. I had to overtake him and draw his attention to the empty rear seat. It is said in Mumbai almost everyday a person crossing the railway lines and hooked to mobile is run over by the local trains as they are not able to hear the coming train. Sad but true.
Few days back I was driving my car and ahead of me a motorcycle driver was talking on his mobile and drifting way towards the pavement. He stopped for a moment and then took off again while continuing to talk on his mobile. In the process his wife slipped from the rear seat of which he was unaware. I had to overtake him and draw his attention to the empty rear seat. It is said in Mumbai almost everyday a person crossing the railway lines and hooked to mobile is run over by the local trains as they are not able to hear the coming train. Sad but true.[/quote

Cell phone users live in a world of their own oblivious of the surroundings.
Yes such unfortunate incidents are happening so much nowadays. Actually people nowadays have become very careless and irresponsible. Cellphones like any other scientific inventions is a boon, but we are misusing it. In earlier days people survived without a cellphone and with much ease, but life has changed. Nowadays it has become a part and parcel of life. So unless we respect our own lives and become responsible we can't help ourselves. Actually we have become our own enemies.

I love writing and sharing ideas

Few days back I was driving my car and ahead of me a motorcycle driver was talking on his mobile and drifting way towards the pavement. He stopped for a moment and then took off again while continuing to talk on his mobile. In the process his wife slipped from the rear seat of which he was unaware. I had to overtake him and draw his attention to the empty rear seat. It is said in Mumbai almost everyday a person crossing the railway lines and hooked to mobile is run over by the local trains as they are not able to hear the coming train. Sad but true.

True...in Mumbai each year, 100s of people lose their lives, even in Pune, because of undisciplined use of cellphones! Many of these lives are lost because they are too busy either talking on phones or listening to songs, and not hear the horn of passing vehicles. Many of these people die while crossing railway lines, they get hit by passing train which they fail to notice! :S

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I like tethering feature to share internet and sometimes use media player other wise, I prefer not to overuse cell phone. :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

True...in Mumbai each year, 100s of people lose their lives, even in Pune, because of undisciplined use of cellphones! Many of these lives are lost because they are too busy either talking on phones or listening to songs, and not hear the horn of passing vehicles. Many of these people die while crossing railway lines, they get hit by passing train which they fail to notice! :S

Is it not a matter of fatalistic attitude that for sake of talking/listening on mobile persons are willing to lose their lives. Can not be disconnected for a minute or two.

Is it not a matter of fatalistic attitude that for sake of talking/listening on mobile persons are willing to lose their lives. Can not be disconnected for a minute or two.

It's a crazy world. Holding a phone in the hand is considered as a
New gen Status symbol.'. From Rockfellers to Tatas, they built vast empires without a cell phone. Rather they used to think that phone is a nuisance.

It's a crazy world. Holding a phone in the hand is considered as a
New gen Status symbol.'. From Rockfellers to Tatas, they built vast empires without a cell phone. Rather they used to think that phone is a nuisance.

They had a battalion of secretaries -what about common persons.
Actually cellphone has also become sort of a status symbol for some. The more expensive and higher version of cellphone you have the more valuable you are. Some costs you a fortune but still people buy it. We might not even use most of the features. You can see the growing craze of cellphones among school-going kids.

I love writing and sharing ideas

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.