Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Actually cellphone has also become sort of a status symbol for some. The more expensive and higher version of cellphone you have the more valuable you are. Some costs you a fortune but still people buy it. We might not even use most of the features. You can see the growing craze of cellphones among school-going kids.

Increased purchasing power gives affordability which leads to showmanship.
Actually cellphone has also become sort of a status symbol for some. The more expensive and higher version of cellphone you have the more valuable you are. Some costs you a fortune but still people buy it. We might not even use most of the features. You can see the growing craze of cellphones among school-going kids.
now cellphone becomes necessity. Like now am writing from galaxy's android and it helps me while driving car in navigation in searching places. It can store music and can view YouTube with it.

http://mohanmekap.com/

now cellphone becomes necessity. Like now am writing from galaxy's android and it helps me while driving car in navigation in searching places. It can store music and can view YouTube with it.

Cell phones are now a part of our lives.
Few days back I was driving my car and ahead of me a motorcycle driver was talking on his mobile and drifting way towards the pavement. He stopped for a moment and then took off again while continuing to talk on his mobile. In the process his wife slipped from the rear seat of which he was unaware. I had to overtake him and draw his attention to the empty rear seat. It is said in Mumbai almost everyday a person crossing the railway lines and hooked to mobile is run over by the local trains as they are not able to hear the coming train. Sad but true.

True...in Mumbai each year, 100s of people lose their lives, even in Pune, because of undisciplined use of cellphones! Many of these lives are lost because they are too busy either talking on phones or listening to songs, and not hear the horn of passing vehicles. Many of these people die while crossing railway lines, they get hit by passing train which they fail to notice! :S

Is it not a matter of fatalistic attitude that for sake of talking/listening on mobile persons are willing to lose their lives. Can not be disconnected for a minute or two.

People have become so addicted to phones that they cannot avoid the temptation of picking up an incoming call even while driving, crossing roads or any other activities! H*** I know youngsters who take their phones even to the toilet with them! :S :blink: They simply are unable to switch them off or risk missing yet another whatsapp or FB update from their friends! A well-known rehabilitation centre for alcoholics and drug addicts in Pune have added a specially designed programme for internet and cellphone addicts and they have a throng of patients!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes right. It has actually starting to grow as an addiction among teenagers. Instead of going out and meeting up with friends which is much more fun I think, they prefer to chat in phones.

I love writing and sharing ideas

Few days back I was driving my car and ahead of me a motorcycle driver was talking on his mobile and drifting way towards the pavement. He stopped for a moment and then took off again while continuing to talk on his mobile. In the process his wife slipped from the rear seat of which he was unaware. I had to overtake him and draw his attention to the empty rear seat. It is said in Mumbai almost everyday a person crossing the railway lines and hooked to mobile is run over by the local trains as they are not able to hear the coming train. Sad but true.

True...in Mumbai each year, 100s of people lose their lives, even in Pune, because of undisciplined use of cellphones! Many of these lives are lost because they are too busy either talking on phones or listening to songs, and not hear the horn of passing vehicles. Many of these people die while crossing railway lines, they get hit by passing train which they fail to notice! :S

Is it not a matter of fatalistic attitude that for sake of talking/listening on mobile persons are willing to lose their lives. Can not be disconnected for a minute or two.

People have become so addicted to phones that they cannot avoid the temptation of picking up an incoming call even while driving, crossing roads or any other activities! H*** I know youngsters who take their phones even to the toilet with them! :S :blink: They simply are unable to switch them off or risk missing yet another whatsapp or FB update from their friends! A well-known rehabilitation centre for alcoholics and drug addicts in Pune have added a specially designed programme for internet and cellphone addicts and they have a throng of patients!

That means it is now being recognised as a psychomatic and addictive problem. How successful is the treatment?
I think parents should take the first step. First of all they should restraint their use of cellphones and not only children. Children learn from their parents. They should talk to their children and explain them the hazards. I also think discipline is needed. Increased pocket money especially if it is more than necessary should be curbed, and also restricting the use of cellphones.

I love writing and sharing ideas

I think parents should take the first step. First of all they should restraint their use of cellphones and not only children. Children learn from their parents. They should talk to their children and explain them the hazards. I also think discipline is needed. Increased pocket money especially if it is more than necessary should be curbed, and also restricting the use of cellphones.

Young children take to cell phones initially for playing games on it, which parents do not mind. But in no timr they get hooked to it. Yes it is the parent's responsibility to see that their children do not develop cell addiictiveness.

That means it is now being recognised as a psychomatic and addictive problem. How successful is the treatment?

Yes it has been officially recognised as an addictive, psychosomatic problem, but I have no idea about the success of the treatment since it has only recently been introduced. But I feel that acceptance that a problem IS a problem is probably the first and significant step towards healing!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Taniya Choudhury

Yes it has been officially recognised as an addictive, psychosomatic problem, but I have no idea about the success of the treatment since it has only recently been introduced. But I feel that acceptance that a problem IS a problem is probably the first and significant step towards healing!

It would be interesting to know how successful such treatment could be because mobiles are so much part of one's life style these days.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.