Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes I agree with sanjeev, knowledge will fade if we are not in practice

http://beautytipsforflawlessskin.blogspot.com/

Knowledge will fade away if we don't apply it in our real life so we must make use of it in our real life. :)

a piece of information can be used in both ways, good and evil. if we concentrate on its positive applications only, it's a great idea. Otherwise it may harm anyone around us, even I, who try to use it in a wrong way

Everything has both sides but we should always consider the positive side. Yes it may be harmful if knowledge is used negatively. :evil:
Knowledge will fade away if we don't apply it in our real life so we must make use of it in our real life. :)

This reminds me of an anecdote. One friend asked me for teaching him typewriting. I just asked him to type the main line- 'asdfg ;lkjh' for the day. Tow days later he told me that he learnt typing. He uttered the entire key board very correctly- all the lines. Then, I told him to type. He could not. He could only remember the key board but had not practiced typing.

He probably missed your point, he simply took in what you taught him but did not process it correctly, this is the difference between information and knowledge! :laugh:

That is true,knowledge develops and fine tunes an analytical mind whereas information can be anything - positive negative,gossip...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This reminds me of an anecdote. One friend asked me for teaching him typewriting. I just asked him to type the main line- 'asdfg ;lkjh' for the day. Tow days later he told me that he learnt typing. He uttered the entire key board very correctly- all the lines. Then, I told him to type. He could not. He could only remember the key board but had not practiced typing.

He probably missed your point, he simply took in what you taught him but did not process it correctly, this is the difference between information and knowledge! :laugh:

That is true,knowledge develops and fine tunes an analytical mind whereas information can be anything - positive negative,gossip...

This is the real case with the people these days they just remember what they are taught or told and don't try to learn things by themselves through what they have been taught. :evil:

This is the real case with the people these days they just remember what they are taught or told and don't try to learn things by themselves through what they have been taught. :evil:

We have to blame the education system largely for such a thing because what is taught is theory with no application and practical knowledge...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

We have to blame the education system largely for such a thing because what is taught is theory with no application and practical knowledge...

I agree with this. We are not given good practical knowledge. System need a improvement.

Want to make each day Accountable

There is also story of an author on swimming. One day, some boys were swimming in a river. They heard cries of a drowning man. They saved him. On introduction by the man, they exclaimed that name of the author of the book on swimming very much resembled him. The man said- I am the author of the book on swimming.

The author of the book on swimming could not himself swim as he had no practice.

LOL, that is a fine example of theoretical knowledge versus practical knowledge....Most of our schoold run somewhat like that, theory crammed into the brains with no practical knowledge...

There is also story of an author on swimming. One day, some boys were swimming in a river. They heard cries of a drowning man. They saved him. On introduction by the man, they exclaimed that name of the author of the book on swimming very much resembled him. The man said- I am the author of the book on swimming.

The author of the book on swimming could not himself swim as he had no practice.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is indeed so ridiculously funny! But I really would like to blame it on the current education system. They teach us to learn things by definition and expect us to be able to write on those things but not on how to apply them actually in real life!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

LOL, that is a fine example of theoretical knowledge versus practical knowledge....Most of our schoold run somewhat like that, theory crammed into the brains with no practical knowledge...

I have experienced this many times. While working I used to get fresh graduates every 6 months or so who had undergone one months process training in classroom before starting their work on the floor. There used to be a serious lack of understanding on their part. I once had an English literature postgrad boy who used to have trouble applying a one-liner instructional email from our clients! I had to literally break my head over him trying to make him understand what changes we need to apply in a policy. When he couldn't for a long, in frustration I commented that how can he not understand such a simple thing being an English postgrad. His retort was that he had a degree in literature and not grammar so I should not expect him to have proper grammar understanding!!! :blink: :blink: I almost banged my head on a wall!! :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I have experienced this many times. While working I used to get fresh graduates every 6 months or so who had undergone one months process training in classroom before starting their work on the floor. There used to be a serious lack of understanding on their part. I once had an English literature postgrad boy who used to have trouble applying a one-liner instructional email from our clients! I had to literally break my head over him trying to make him understand what changes we need to apply in a policy. When he couldn't for a long, in frustration I commented that how can he not understand such a simple thing being an English postgrad. His retort was that he had a degree in literature and not grammar so I should not expect him to have proper grammar understanding!!! :blink: :blink: I almost banged my head on a wall!! :laugh:

really funny and too strange to hear it from an English Post graduate :silly: :silly: :silly:
You might have enjoyed that 'shock' very much ;)

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.