The topic is locked.
Friends, September 14 is Hindi day. Do you know that? :silly:
http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/889

Hindi Hamari Rashtra Bhaasha hai :cheer:

Let us extend this topic to a nice discussion rather than posting just useless replies.
How do you contribute to our Rashtra bhasha Hindi? I think, since everyone is going behind English, Hindi is somewhat ignored by all of us. I doubt, if any one touches Hindi and other regional languages except newspapers, magazines and a few films. :blink: In present conditions, what can we people do to revive Hindi to previous position? :whistle:

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Today is Hindi day. I have seen many articles on this in local Hindi daily today. Some have lamented that Hindi as used in courts has more Arabic and Persian words. Hinglish- a mix of Hindi and English is more common as many are proficient neither in Hindi nor English. This reminds me of an incident. Somebody wanted to go to University. He asked an auto driver whether he would take him to 'Vishva Vidyalaya'. Rhe auto driver asked: What? The passenger then said- University. Then the auto driver understood and said- Oh speak in Hindi like this. For auto driver, University is Hindi and 'Vishwa Vidyalaya some foreign word.

Language is not an end in itself. No language is foreign. what you use is yours. Our army used tanks and rifles, that were invented .outside. Similarly, English is also ours.

However, Hindi is spoken in many states of India and is a link language. This is official language of India (Not Rashtrabhasha or national language).. every Indian language is Rashtra bhasha if we put like that.

Hindi is spoken in almost every place in India. But all can not read and write this. So, my suggestion is that Hindi and other Indian languages should be written in Roman script.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Sir, but I have learnt in school that Hindi is our Rashtra bhasha. Am I wrong?

let me add one more thing......seeing your response.
I now remember comedy movie of Hrishikesh Mukherjee, 'Chupke Chupke'
Dramendra's Hindi is really terrific.

Meera sandhu
Hindi is no doubt one of the most spoken languages in India but English is important for our development in the National as well as International arena. That might be a reason for Hindi usage declining.

Sandhya your line says - "Hindi Hamara Rashtra Bhaasha hai" but it should be Hindi hamari Rashtra Bhasha hai " ;)

Live in the present :)
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Hindi is no doubt one of the most spoken languages in India but English is important for our development in the National as well as International arena. That might be a reason for Hindi usage declining.

Sandhya your line says - "Hindi Hamara Rashtra Bhaasha hai" but it should be Hindi hamari Rashtra Bhasha hai " ;)

that's the real headache of Hindi language :silly:

For Dravadian languages, verbs and nouns are not gender specific.
But for Hindi....Kartha hai and Karthi hai :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu

This is not so difficult. Let me just give one hint today. In Hindi, there are two genders- male and feminine. No neuter gender. The things ending with 'ee' are female. Those with 'aa' are male. Sence 'Hindee' is female. 'Khaanaa' (food) is male.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Friends, September 14 is Hindi day. Do you know that? :silly:
http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/889

Hindi Hamari Rashtra Bhaasha hai :cheer:

Let us extend this topic to a nice discussion rather than posting just useless replies.
How do you contribute to our Rashtra bhasha Hindi? I think, since everyone is going behind English, Hindi is somewhat ignored by all of us. I doubt, if any one touches Hindi and other regional languages except newspapers, magazines and a few films. :blink: In present conditions, what can we people do to revive Hindi to previous position? :whistle:

Wow this is the nice information I dont know up to now Hindi language also had a day.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

That clearly denotes that who is doing it and saves a lot of problem and misunderstanding. If we know who is doing it at least we can treat them tha way even without knowing them personally.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

That clearly denotes that who is doing it and saves a lot of problem and misunderstanding. If we know who is doing it at least we can treat them tha way even without knowing them personally.

Good, very nice ;)
So, that's why Hindi is female...because it ends in 'ee'.
But what about words that end in oo or yeh(e)

Meera sandhu

This is not so difficult. Let me just give one hint today. In Hindi, there are two genders- male and feminine. No neuter gender. The things ending with 'ee' are female. Those with 'aa' are male. Sence 'Hindee' is female. 'Khaanaa' (food) is male.

Even non living things have gender in Hindi like when we say "Pencil meri hai and not pencil mera hai". The language is vast with a little complex grammar (at least for me it is).

Live in the present :)
I dislike Hindi as I am weak in that language but now a days I am showing some interest to learn it.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.