Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Pakistan was founded on two nation theory and as such 'Jinnah's secularism' is to say the least devoid of any meaning.

Well, it's easy for us now to understand the Jinnah's view on secularism had no meaning. But at the time of the formation of Pakistan, Hindus who were working there to make a living would have found meaning in it. Also other Hindus who's home was there may not have moved. Also, we should remember that it was not long after Hindus and Muslims fought shoulder to shoulder to make Independence a reality.
This is not the point of discussion here, the point here is fundamental right of living and living gracefully. No one said Hindus and Muslims did not fight for independence together, in unison.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This is not the point of discussion here, the point here is fundamental right of living and living gracefully. No one said Hindus and Muslims did not fight for independence together, in unison.

Well, that was the main discussion here. It was about whether to blame the ancestors of Hindus living there in Pakistan. I was saying that Pakistan turned into nothing like what it was promised by Jinnah when it's formation and so the ancestors of Hindus living there cannot be blamed. The minorities have no protection there. I think the matter cannot be controlled by India or any other country. But the countries should unite against the discrimination going in Pakistan and against the ignorance of the authorities. United Nations should make it strict that all the member nations should watch over the protection of the minorities.

Well, that was the main discussion here. It was about whether to blame the ancestors of Hindus living there in Pakistan. I was saying that Pakistan turned into nothing like what it was promised by Jinnah when it's formation and so the ancestors of Hindus living there cannot be blamed. The minorities have no protection there. I think the matter cannot be controlled by India or any other country. But the countries should unite against the discrimination going in Pakistan and against the ignorance of the authorities. United Nations should make it strict that all the member nations should watch over the protection of the minorities.

Already Pakistan is named as a terrorist country and in the black list. Many efforts are going on to put an end to this serious issue. Nothing happening. Hindus issues only a second preferred one. So, I don't think any country will come forward to talk about it, except India.
If it was a 'Christian' problem, it would have attained much more attention from world countries. Am I not right?

Meera sandhu
I think there's another perspective for this issue. I mean, there were also muslims even from the South most parts of India in Pakistan who were forced to take the citizenship of Pakistan. The fact is, most of them who worked there couldn't just throw away their work and come back. There were many muslims of India who had to live in Pakistan and visit India like foreigners. They even used to hide from police, after their visiting period is over, as they'll be deported to Pakistan.

I think the same thing must have happened to Hindus as well. Moreover, we should consider the fact that people wouldn't have assumed that Pakistan would turn into what it is today. Jinnah's view was to form a secular Pakistan - he said then
“You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed - that has nothing to do with the business of the State...We are starting with this fundamental principle that we are all citizens and equal citizens of one State...I think we should keep that in front of us as our ideal and you will find that in due course Hindus would cease to be Hindus and Muslims would cease to be Muslims, not in the religious sense, because that is the personal faith of each individual, but in the political sense as citizens of the State.”

So I don't think that the ancestors of the Hindus should be blamed.

Yes Hindus are free to go to temples in Pakistan but where will they go when most of the temples have been destroyed. :evil:

Can you name any one of the Hindu player playing in their national team of cricket or hockey?.There are none because they are not allowed to.Even if they are included they get converted due to obvious reasone like Yusuf Yohana did in the past. :evil:

Facts are clear but for those who understand it they don't understand it so there is no use of talking about the human rights.There is as such no human rights followed there they just follow there own rules which change as per the religion. :evil:

I don't know whether you've read my comment fully. The bolded part is what Jinna said when the time of formation Pakistan and I was saying that Jinnah's views didn't come into reality and Pakistan failed to protect even the basic rights of minorities in many cases!

Already Pakistan is named as a terrorist country and in the black list. Many efforts are going on to put an end to this serious issue. Nothing happening. Hindus issues only a second preferred one. So, I don't think any country will come forward to talk about it, except India.
If it was a 'Christian' problem, it would have attained much more attention from world countries. Am I not right?

Yes that's true like it happened when there was an attack on world trade center which was so much highlighted in the world and all European countries united for it.But they never bothered for the attacks which this part of ASIA tolerate daily of more intensity. :evil:

That's the beauty of India and a very fact that every Indian can feel proud of. India stands for peace and justice. India welcomes anyone and India protect the minorities and weak ones. In almost all parts of India (sadly there are some regions where communal problems still exists :( ) children are taught to love and respect people according to their character.
Because they are not soft state like us and can counter attack on slightest of provocation. You know India can never take such steps because they have too weak a leadership with no responsibility towards public but busy making money.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think there's another perspective for this issue. I mean, there were also muslims even from the South most parts of India in Pakistan who were forced to take the citizenship of Pakistan. The fact is, most of them who worked there couldn't just throw away their work and come back. There were many muslims of India who had to live in Pakistan and visit India like foreigners. They even used to hide from police, after their visiting period is over, as they'll be deported to Pakistan.

I think the same thing must have happened to Hindus as well. Moreover, we should consider the fact that people wouldn't have assumed that Pakistan would turn into what it is today. Jinnah's view was to form a secular Pakistan - he said then
“You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed - that has nothing to do with the business of the State...We are starting with this fundamental principle that we are all citizens and equal citizens of one State...I think we should keep that in front of us as our ideal and you will find that in due course Hindus would cease to be Hindus and Muslims would cease to be Muslims, not in the religious sense, because that is the personal faith of each individual, but in the political sense as citizens of the State.”

So I don't think that the ancestors of the Hindus should be blamed.

Yes Hindus are free to go to temples in Pakistan but where will they go when most of the temples have been destroyed. :evil:

Can you name any one of the Hindu player playing in their national team of cricket or hockey?.There are none because they are not allowed to.Even if they are included they get converted due to obvious reasone like Yusuf Yohana did in the past. :evil:

Facts are clear but for those who understand it they don't understand it so there is no use of talking about the human rights.There is as such no human rights followed there they just follow there own rules which change as per the religion. :evil:

I don't know whether you've read my comment fully. The bolded part is what Jinna said when the time of formation Pakistan and I was saying that Jinnah's views didn't come into reality and Pakistan failed to protect even the basic rights of minorities in many cases!

I also commented on Jinnah's wording.I really can't understand what has happened to people there they have forgotten what they should do to make their nation prosperous. :evil:

Yes that's true like it happened when there was an attack on world trade center which was so much highlighted in the world and all European countries united for it.But they never bothered for the attacks which this part of ASIA tolerate daily of more intensity. :evil:

Very true. But for this we should blame our media and ourselves. Our media has a tendency to move on ignoring the past completely. They just make a pop and leave it behind. Also, we are ourselves should take this more seriously.

I mean, even on YouTube we'll see thousands of videos made by common people as a tribute to their soldiers, a thanks to the people who risked their life to protect the nation. we'll see thousands of tribute songs and videos about the people died in terrorist attack of 9/11.

On the other hand, many Indians (including myself :( ) ,who can without a doubt say what '9/11' stands for cannot quickly recall the the date of Mumbai attack - 26/11!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.