A massive traffic jam in China has slowed vehicles to a crawl for nine days near Beijing, local media say.

Vehicles, mostly lorries bound for Beijing, are in a queue for about 100km (62 miles) because of heavy traffic, road works and breakdowns.

The drivers have complained that locals were over-charging them for food and drink while they were stuck.

The situation has now "basically returned to normal," state television said on Monday.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11062708
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

We Indians may face the same situation in few years time considering the rapid growth in population
I agree with you. This can also become problem for our country also. Traffic jam is something which make us feel as if we are in hell.Pollution, dust smoke, heat, tension, caous,agitation , & what not. We must step forward to reduce this problem on mass basis.
Nice collection Sajeetharan. Thanks!
It is already a problem in India and some metro have very huge traffic jams...may be some precautions are needed..

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

See this picture!!!
very good collection of picture.........unbelievable 9 persons on a single bike.........don't know how chinese govt allow 9 persons to be seated on a single bike.......

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Ya sajee i read this news this morning, if the traffic is ON for so many days, how they will do other things like morning works :P ????
I saw in the image.there was a traffic Jam and still the vehicles were in three lanes.(i.e one behind the other in respective lames only)

Had it been India ppl would have managed top to criss cross the lanes and make rows of 5 to 6 vehicles in the lanes meant for 3 vehicles.

1this would have compelled them to go down the street and manage for the shortcuts.
India follows china both in Population and traffic jam. What a great follower China has? :laugh:
Yes nagalakshmi,

India`s Traffic is itself heavily congested,

Why should we think upon Foreign Issues?
:( It is a best example of developing countries. How to control traffic and population also.

Chant Hare krishna and be happy!!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.