The solar-powered planed which was launched on wednesday successfully landed afer completing its 26 hours aerial journey.The plane used super-efficient solar cells and batteries to stay in the air after the sunset.
_48085144__46019280_solar_plane466x275_1.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Such plane can help lower the consumption of fuel.

Nice post.

Nice image use for explanation.
It's a great step towards tapping this unconventional source of energy.
Yes Chinmoy --- Have seen this on news. This is very superb invention that would run at nights too. No engine, No fuel... :)

Wonderful Invention!!!

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
This is a great breakthrough!! Installing solar panels is actually a very costly affair, but I guess those who can afford to they should definitely go for such equipments!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It's costly at the moment and the wider applications and mass production would definitely bring down the cost in future.
GREAT IDEA...IT WILL LOWER FUEL CONSUMPTION..EXCELLENT INVANSION
The Solar Impulse project is pursuing the objective of circumnavigating the Earth powered only by sunlight. The German Aerospace Center (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt; DLR) has played a significant role in the development of this visionary flying technology platform, which has now been awarded the Braunschweig Research Prize.
http://www.greencarmagazine.net/2009/11/circumnavigating-the-earth-in-a-solar-powered-plane/
Thanks Sajeetharan for providing this link and your explanatory comments!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.