Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
if the moves by the government are wrong... Then tell me an alternate step that can reduce inflation..?
What passes all comprehension is the plea of the government is that this move would take care of the waste of farm produce which is singularly due to the absence of cold-chain facilities! For creating cold-chain facilities we have to beg and borrow foreign money!! What a shame!

begging foreign money ...the term is quite misleading...india has always begged money right from the independence. So what is the difference now? Thousands of crores which we owes to the world bank is the real matter of shame.
[quote]What passes all comprehension is the plea of the government is that this move would take care of the waste of farm produce which is singularly due to the absence of cold-chain facilities! For creating cold-chain facilities we have to beg and borrow foreign money!! What a shame! [/quote]

Actually, we do not really need to beg from other countries, our major corporate houses and government actually do have a lot money squirreled away but they are unwilling to bring it out.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]What passes all comprehension is the plea of the government is that this move would take care of the waste of farm produce which is singularly due to the absence of cold-chain facilities! For creating cold-chain facilities we have to beg and borrow foreign money!! What a shame!

Actually, we do not really need to beg from other countries, our major corporate houses and government actually do have a lot money squirreled away but they are unwilling to bring it out.[/quote]

Cold chain is also an infrastructure facility like roads, railways. This is govt. job to create this facility so as to avoid wastage of vegetables and other perishable products. There is no need to invite FDI for retail. If foreign investment is invited, this should be for col storage facility.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
What passes all comprehension is the plea of the government is that this move would take care of the waste of farm produce which is singularly due to the absence of cold-chain facilities! For creating cold-chain facilities we have to beg and borrow foreign money!! What a shame!

Actually, we do not really need to beg from other countries, our major corporate houses and government actually do have a lot money squirreled away but they are unwilling to bring it out.

Cold chain is also an infrastructure facility like roads, railways. This is govt. job to create this facility so as to avoid wastage of vegetables and other perishable products. There is no need to invite FDI for retail. If foreign investment is invited, this should be for col storage facility.[/quote]

Very true Gulshan! My father used to export grapes and this was the major problem he encountered, easy availability of cold storage. Agricultural ministry should make available proper cold storages within easy reach of all farmers, just like the government has made every kind of infrastructure and support system available to the IT industry.

FDI in retail has been put on a hold now....the issue seems to be too sensitive for the congress government...
Too much sensitive! Once again this all-knowing government has been put on the backfoot! I contemplate to write an article on FDI in retail sector very soon!
[quote]Too much sensitive! Once again this all-knowing government has been put on the backfoot! I contemplate to write an article on FDI in retail sector very soon! [/quote]

Looking forward to seeing it soon!

Would surely try as early as possible as it's one of the most topical issues at the moment.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.