Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Deepak

Even accepting the fact that it's a global phenomenon,why does our FM foolishly set a time-table and and fail to eastablish another?

setting a time table to reduce inflation is sa move that has to be appreciated.....even if he tries his best he may fail in that....economy is something that is vast and unpredictable. He may have failed....but he alone is not the guy to be blamed...
@Deepak

I am only talking about the wisdom of setting a time-limit on which he has little control!
FDI in retail trade has been the talking point for years and now the government has moved destructively through a cabinet fiat to destabilise a sector which provides means of survival to nearly 22 crore people!

that is true..but government would have discussed every aspect of this move more than us. I dont think the members on the finance commission and finance ministry are dumb heads.
But we need to ensure that our retail sector is protected and that the people do not go jobless....
Yes, the stir had gained popularity which I realised by the strike in our state last day.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
@Deepak

I am only talking about the wisdom of setting a time-limit on which he has little control!

that may be true...but he tried...something is better than nothing..he set a time table on which he had very less control.he had to do something.......it is the desperation.....
Yes, the stir had gained popularity which I realised by the strike in our state last day.

kerala has always been known for strikes....but let me tell you many of the organizers never knew the reason for the strike yesterday.
Those who understand the nuances of finance are aware of the factors causing inflation and this government's clueless could be fairly judged by its repeated attempts to squeeze credit which has further complicated the scenario.
[quote]chinmoymukherjee wrote:
It's very interesting to hear our FM saying that this would cool down our raging inflation after trying all his tricks and failing miserably in this regard.Poor FM!

I could not agree more. It is ridiculous that we need FDI in retail for bringing inflation down. [/quote]

I too feel the same as you do! I think this is a very desperate and foolish move which will only help worsen the situation rather than help anyone but a handful few. All I can see now is more increase in prices of necessities and other commodities and even more widening gap between the poor and the rich.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Those who understand the nuances of finance are aware of the factors causing inflation and this government's clueless could be fairly judged by its repeated attempts to squeeze credit which has further complicated the scenario. [/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more on this! Clueless is the best word to describe this!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

What passes all comprehension is the plea of the government is that this move would take care of the waste of farm produce which is singularly due to the absence of cold-chain facilities! For creating cold-chain facilities we have to beg and borrow foreign money!! What a shame!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.