Every fifth person who killed himself in Maharashtra in 2009 was a farmer, recent suicide data says, nailing the state for most farm suicides for the tenth year in a row. Nationwide, 17,368 farmers killed themselves in 2009, 7% more than the count in 2008.

Read more:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/1326-Indians-die-due-to-accidents-suicide-every-day/articleshow/7300325.cms
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
With the inflation increasing,even the common man lives hand to mouth now...The count might increase if the government does not come up with a sensible plan for farmers.

Leo

I think it is due to increase in prices many people are not able to handle their life and taking such steps...it is difficult for common man and poor man to survive in India. :(
I think Peepli is also a movie which narrates about farmer suicide.
What to say, i believe that we have to accepted this truth. Main reason for this can be inflation.

Want to make each day Accountable

This is due to governments lack of concern towards farmers

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Yes farmers are facing a very bad phase due to government negligence...And due to rise in prices of daily uses things even common men is suffering.....
I agree with what you said,Sarala.Being a agricultural country the government should try to eradicate the problems faced by farmers.But the worst thing is the government is inactive.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.