The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

Outdated news on Bhagat Singh in the present times, that too after so many years after independence are irrelevant.

2014 is not all that outdated and for that matter People like Bhagat Singh, Azad, and Gandhi will never be out of contest in this country. The statement was made last year only so it's more objectionable. We can not dismiss it saying it is out dated. That will raise many questions. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

@ sunil ...I do not trust anything unless I have confirmed proofs. Read this famous professor is saying Bhagat Singh and Azad were terrorists, should I believe him?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Bhagat-Singh-Azad-were-terrorists-says-UK-historian/articleshow/30496595.cms

There was no need for David Hardiman to raise the issue now.I am sure he knew the circumstances under which they operated and everything is fair in war, and thats what they were waging against the British at that time...But to be fair to him he also made a mention of the non violent movement led by Mahatma Gandhi and made a reference to the extremist groups led by Bhagat Singh and Azad..

That was the whole problem, he did not use word extremist but terrorist. Extremist is somewhat acceptable in certain cases from certain quarters.

During peaceful times they would probably be called terrorists since they did resort to violence but their venom was against the British who were ruling us, so understandable to any Indian . although they may look at it differently ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In that case how can one prove that thousands and perhaps lakhs of years ago which vegetable or delicacy originated where. It is all motivated speculation. As per nature and weather conditions different delicacies originated at different places ages ago. Let us enjoy the delicacies and not fight about their origin. Do we have to believe that man originated in Africa as some study has shown. I find it difficult to believe given the diversity in appearances, DNA etc. 

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Outdated news on Bhagat Singh in the present times, that too after so many years after independence are irrelevant.

2014 is not all that outdated and for that matter People like Bhagat Singh, Azad, and Gandhi will never be out of contest in this country. The statement was made last year only so it's more objectionable. We can not dismiss it saying it is out dated. That will raise many questions. 

Outdated as far as the views of the British Historian is concerned. Even during British rule Bhagat Sing's labeling as  "traitor" has been refused. If a news paper brings out that news again  now, what else it could be ? I know Bhagat Singh, Chandrasekhar Azaad and Mahatma Gandhi will live for ever.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Outdated as far as the views of the British Historian is concerned. Even during British rule Bhagat Sing's labeling as  "traitor" has been refused. If a news paper brings out that news again  now, what else it could be ? I know Bhagat Singh, Chandrasekhar Azaad and Mahatma Gandhi will live for ever.

It's not the newspaper but the historian that has said it recently. The newspaper has only reported it.

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It's not the newspaper but the historian that has said it recently. The newspaper has only reported it.

Sunil, I'm blaming the press, that quoted a British Historian which is nothing but the usual Journalistic trick to Push up the sales.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Sunil, I'm blaming the press, that quoted a British Historian which is nothing but the usual Journalistic trick to Push up the sales.

Sir, it's the same news paper that has published the food news, the link posted by you. Do you consider it publicity gimmick too? beside you said historians will chase me, now I am chasing them.

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Sir, it's the same news paper that has published the food news, the link posted by you. Do you consider it publicity gimmick too? beside you said historians will chase me, now I am chasing them.

Currency is the Mainstay of a Modern mews paper or a channel. The paper could have kept this item in the Archive column. This is a practice regularly followed by The Hindu under the Heading, "50 Years ago."

I feel that the main topic has been side tracked. This is about food but we are discussing more on Bhagat singh. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Currency is the Mainstay of a Modern mews paper or a channel. The paper could have kept this item in the Archive column. This is a practice regularly followed by The Hindu under the Heading, "50 Years ago."

This was not said by the historian 50 years ago but in Feb 2014. If the newspaper had published it in archive it would be a laughing stock.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.