The new RBI governor Raghuram Rajan’s slew of proposals, aimed at strengthening rupee and reviving growth, for the third straight day are working. Indian economy has seen a silver lining in the new governor’s strategy to strengthen the Rupee. It has seen the strongest closing since 64.30 on August 26 and marks over 5 per cent appreciation from record low of 68.85 hit on August 28.
More reforms are in the offing.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Raghuram-Rajan-effect-Rupee-at-two-week-high-sensex-above-19000/articleshow/22373030.cms
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The affect will succeed if govt. cooperates. Ultimately what we need is not just monetary reform but also discouragement to imports and encouragement to exports.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The affect will succeed if govt. cooperates. Ultimately what we need is not just monetary reform but also discouragement to imports and encouragement to exports.

True Current account balance can be strengthened by increasing exports. After all a country's economic health depends on Current account balance. RBI and the government should work in tandem to make the good efforts of the RBI a success.
I am not really that good at economics and the related things, but I am sure that guy is there for something serious. The fact that rupee came up to slightly more than 65 and the sensex zooming past 19000 points was something of a story in itself.
I am not really that good at economics and the related things, but I am sure that guy is there for something serious. The fact that rupee came up to slightly more than 65 and the sensex zooming past 19000 points was something of a story in itself.

Raghuram is a no- nonsense man and he means business. Be ready for some more action from this man.

Actually you do not need to know economics deeply. All that we need to know is: Imports need foreign currency- meaning dollar. Exports mean- we get foreign currency (dollar). Less import means that we need less dollars to pay. More export means- we get more dollars.

Hence reducing imports and encouraging export is unavoidable. This will make our balance of trade favorable. Swadeshi movement gets a place of honor in these circumstances. we should use things made in our own country in present circumstances.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Actually you do not need to know economics deeply. All that we need to know is: Imports need foreign currency- meaning dollar. Exports mean- we get foreign currency (dollar). Less import means that we need less dollars to pay. More export means- we get more dollars.

Hence reducing imports and encouraging export is unavoidable. This will make our balance of trade favorable. Swadeshi movement gets a place of honor in these circumstances. we should use things made in our own country in present circumstances.

Yes. That's a good explanation of things. I believe even a layman can understand this. But when I wrote that answer a while back, I had something different going on in my head, which I am not being able to recollect now. :huh:
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Congratulation to Raman. Wish he will take some decision to back the rs position.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

You are right sir cooperation of government is must to success. But this government is least interested in strength of economy. Government is interested in strengthing vote bank.
Congratulation to Raman. Wish he will take some decision to back the rs position.

Yes, we all need some strong decisions so that the rupee comes up with good value. And by the way, it was nice to see you after so many days. How are you?
The new RBI governor Raghuram Rajan’s slew of proposals, aimed at strengthening rupee and reviving growth, for the third straight day are working. Indian economy has seen a silver lining in the new governor’s strategy to strengthen the Rupee. It has seen the strongest closing since 64.30 on August 26 and marks over 5 per cent appreciation from record low of 68.85 hit on August 28.
More reforms are in the offing.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Raghuram-Rajan-effect-Rupee-at-two-week-high-sensex-above-19000/articleshow/22373030.cms

It is of course too early to say, let us keep our fingers crossed ! He will of course do the best he can but given the fact that he has to work under a corrupt regime in itself is a dampener to anyone..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.