Do you think Indian Constitution needs some change?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Amendment to constitution takes place from time to time. It is possible that introduction of Lok pal may need some changes in constitution.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think that Indian constitution is one of the best constitution of the world and yes it also changed when it got felt the requirement to do so, hence a change is always welcome with the passing of new bills like lok pal...
I also believe Indian Constitution is one of the finest in the world and it has not failed us but our unworthy politicians have badly let us down!!
yes, there should be a lot of changes should be done in Indian constitution

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

No change can be possibly brought about altering its basic features and keeping that in mind there have been several attempts at changes since it was adopted!
If there is any requirement for change felt and the change is going to bring something very good, then I think it should be looked after by the concerned authorities...
Indian constitution, although a fine one, has some definitely outdated and out of context clauses in it that need to be changed in line with today's scenario. But link Chinmoy pointed out, it will be a long long process if at all it happens.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani

There were attempts to give primacy to the Directive Principles over Fundamental Rights enshrined in the Constitution but the apex court in several landmark cases did not allow them to be successful!
@Chinmoy, it seems like things will not really be allowed to change for better,would they??

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

My personal feeling is that any such momentous document should be a living one and must satisfy the demands of times. Indian constitution has fairly passed the test to a great extent.As I commented elsewhere that it is not that our constitution has failed us but the people who have been running it have completely let us down!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.