Manu Joseph has bagged The Hindu Best Fiction Award 2010 for his debut novel Serious Men.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am not novel reader but anyhow Hindu has very good standards.Lets hope the award must have been given following those standards. :)
Any idea about its content? When it has won a prestigious award I am sure,it must have explored a certain facet of life!
The following news is gathered from THE HINDU.I too didn't get more informaation about the novel.

"Shashi Deshpande, novelist and juror for the award, said the jury decision was unanimous.

Serious Men was an “original and surprising novel” that ventured into the unusual area of science and institutional research, Ms. Deshpande said.

The book was a “wonderful read” and the author had avoided literary gimmicks in a narrative style where “everything is subordinated to the telling of the story,” she said."
Where from this "serious man" hail ?No link seen provided here.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
its good that manu bagged best fiction award. i missed to watch but got to read somewhere. i hope best person has been awarded with the award.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.