Jet Airways has been flooded with e-mails and calls after the September issue of their inflight magazine, JetWings, printed an article on bull fighting. An animal rights organisation has written to the airline, prompting the latter to apologise.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Responding to the organisation's calls and e-mails, Manech Davar, executive publisher said: 'We do understand the points raised by you and would not want to come across as an organisation and publication that encourages unjust endeavours. We assure you that there wouldn't be any more features on the same in JetWings.'

I am totally against bull fighting. :( :( .In down south,bull fighting attracts more tourists and the bulls are torched to the core.The bulls are also offered liquor to increase its temper.
Good that jet realised their mistake.
Many private airline companies should realize their duty... :)
I don't understand the issue here! Just because they published an article on Bull fighting does not mean they are cruel to animals!! Bull fighting is a centuries old tradition in Spain and is an ingrained part of the Spaniards' culture!!

The animal rights' activists should instead look at the problem of increasing population of stray dogs everywhere in India and take some measures to control them!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I agree with Kalyani that our animal activists should involve themselves with more substantive issues affecting animal welfare!
Chinmoy has rightly cautioned against raising trivial issue by animal rights groups. Bull fighting is not worse than animal offerings to deities. But nobody raises a voice against this.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thanks Gulshan! The kind of brutality we practise in our day to day life in relation to animals is conveniently glossed over!
Right Chinmoy!! Sacrificing animals openly is practised widely without questioning simply because it is done under the garb of religion! Isn't that cruelty to animals? Problem of stray dogs and pigs is so rampant everywhere in India and there are regular reports of these animals causing injuries or even in some case mauling small children to death!

But these cases go unnoticed by the so-called animal rights' groups! It seems like people are not able to differentiate between right and just causes anymore!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The executive publisher of the magazine also remarked that the statement is point less.But they still assured that they will not publish articles encouraging cruelty to animals like bull fighting. :(
Can anayone give me the link for this article, am interested in the full story of this.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.