Indecent and abusive comments posted on social networking site Facebook about a female mathematics teacher saw 16 students of a leading private school suspended from their institution.

The students, all from Class 12 of Vivek High School in Sector 38 here, were suspended for three months, school authorities confirmed Thursday.
:dry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The incident took place earlier this week when a Class 12 student, who got low marks in his mathematics exam, posted his answer sheet on Facebook with rude and abusive comments about the female teacher. Fifteen of his classmates also chipped in with their comments.

All the comments against the teacher were nasty, rude and abusive.
A teacher of the school, who also had an account on the website, saw the comments and reported the matter to the school management which took the indiscretion of the students very seriously.

:angry: :angry:

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
It appears that internet is gaining more relevance for all matters. The school affairs are being discussed on social networking site. One day, we may see family disputes also on the site.
Internet is for common issues and not a place to settle personal score. This should be clear to all.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

A very serious issue,indeed! Misuse of a social networking facility that's all what I can say!
Gulshan has stated what exactly is in my mind...Added to that I want say that what is the use in discussion when the guy has to decide it with his teacher...

If he has any problem he should directly approach her or principal..This shows that somewhere he finds himself guilty but just wanted to show his temper in such a way..He thought that no one will notice except friends..but see his bad luck.. :angry: :huh:
Oh!This is really shocking.I totally agree with Rajani and Gulshan.Some time back I heard that a women delivered baby on twitter.Don't know what people really think of a social networking site.
Being a XII grade student more maturity is expected from the student.The issue should have been first brought to the notice of the principal and teachers.Also,the elders who have taught them about the social networking websites must have advised them to use it in constructive ways.
I agree, the students crossed the line here, but perhaps this issue is being unnecessarily blown out of proportion.

The student who posted his answer script was clearly feeling vindictive, but the other students who just posted comments might not have intended for the issue to get so out of hand. I haven't seen the comments so I might be wrong, but maybe the other students were just harmlessly venting. It's not uncommon for us all to complain about someone with our friends; they just didn't realise how public a forum FB really is...
Yes misusing internet and social networking sites... :angry: :angry:
Students should not make misuse of the technology... :(

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Pallavi, We all are trying to convey the same that they dont know the proper usuage of FB or social networking sites...
Very true,Rajani and Deepti.They didn't know that FB is a social networking site which will be viewed by thousands of people everyday.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.