"Grief can take care of itself,but to get the full of joy you must have somebody to divide with." These are famous words of Mark Twain.How many do you go with these sentiments?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think the quote is about friendship..

In the Indian philosophy, this is answered by karma. You blame the person's earlier life karma for a bad event. this probably works since there is no way to prove it wrong.
Sajeetharan, what has sharing one's happiness got to do with one's karma??? :dry: :huh:

This is a very good quote and is in effect, the essence of good relationships. We have a very much similar saying in Marathi that says, grieving alone makes less people sad while sharing joy with others makes more people happier.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes, joy becomes happy or more happy when it is shared with some one.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
I havent known this quote before...Well so never followed it ..however it is good one..hope to see the explanation from Chinmoy.. :) :cheer:
The explanation provided by Kalyani is very good.While grief is very personal and however sincerely we may try to share one's grief we may not succeed at times but our joy gets multiplied when it is shared.
Thanks Chinmoy for explaning in detailed..yes it is True sharing grief maynot solve the grief but some joy will definetely be acheived.
In my life I have faced situations where expression of sympathy does not go down well with a person who values self-respect tremendously.
Yes that is true and i too expereinced some situations..and i think many of us may also have faced...
We should always consider it our duty to be by the side of our friends,relatives and others in their moments of joy as well as sorrow and pain.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.