In the face of strong protest launched by the local people of Pune,Dow Chemical has decided to abandon a planned reserach hub and return the land as protesters were of the view that such a hub would polute the area.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes, through sheer determination and tenacity, the peopel have made it happen! :) :) :) Its a good decision that Dow has decided to return the lands!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Again the power of the people is in full and spectacular display and my hats off to them!!
It is a good intiative taken by the people to fight against Dow Chemicals. Kudos to them for the winning moment!!! :)
In the face of unprecedented environmental degradation we need more such popular movement.The government should be kept on its toes!!!
Great!! Thanks for sharing it..
its been a long time dream for me to help the poor children who are dieing out of various evil reasons ... they have nothing to live with. but how to make it happen??
I think it is really a good initiative my the locals..many things can be solved with unity...

Sajee it is really my dream too but i think we cannot stop it completely but to some extent it can be solved by provided them good food and habits..mostly this type of work needs lot of cooperation from child and funds also needed.We should also find such children initially who are facing problems..
Already different agencies are setup but dont know how responsible they are doing the work.. :(
Thats the news i want to hear everyday.. people are the leaders, they should make things happen
The poor tribals of Orissa have done it and now the people of pune have set this example.Hope it becomes a tren-setter.

Good Night to all you!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.