The government in siginificant and welcome move has allowed these premier institutes to retain faculties to meet the shortages arising out of dearth of talented teachers.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No takers for this subject? I think the decision of the government is versy sensible in the sense that some of the IIT professors are truly gifted and physically and mentally in right condition to contiue their good work beyond the age of retirement.
This is a very welcome and commnedable move! There is indeed a serious shortage of talented and inspiring teachers and allowing the ones that we have past the retirement will indeed be very helpful for further young generations.

Good to see sensible decision being taken that is related to education after a really really long time!! :) :) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes,we are keen to see many more such sensible decisions from the authrities concerned.
Hopefully, we see more such decisions. At the moment, the problem of good teachers is solved! But what about in future? More so, if the reservation quotas are extended to such premier instituitions, would we have such good and inspiring teachers in future too?

Considering that the present and coming generations are used to instant results in everything, I seriously think there is going to be shortage of such teachers in future too! :(

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani,

You have raised a very important point,it's not only reservation but some other factors like political affiliation etc. dangerously compromising with quality.In West Bengal Presidency College which was one of Asia's most prestigious institutions has suffered irreversible decline in recent decades thanks to politicking of the dirttiest kind practised by the leftist.
I have a news from CNN IBNN that Facing a massive shortage of well-qualified teachers, the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) have mooted a proposal for hiring foreign nationals as permanent faculty members.
Here is the link.http://ibnlive.in.com/news/faculty-short-iit-may-hire-foreign-teachers/130557-3.html?from=trhs
Yes,we have been facing a very serious shortage of good teachers.It's sad commentary on our present system that it is not throwing up good teachers.
I think due to increase in craze for software jobs many people who have talent for teaching in IT are also moving towards software jobs..it is what i observed..But in really teaching profession is not given importance in many fields by present generation..dont know why..So obviously retired peopls have to take it as without teaching staff no educational institution can survive...
ya i read this news yesterday, it was really sad to see them struggle for staffs being one of the premium institutes..
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.