When Twitter promises you a chance to send a tweet to the departed souls, how can Facebook lag behind?!

However, the social networking site has a more practical offering - friends and family of dead Facebook users can now have their loved ones' profiles 'memorialized'.

The site invited family members to report when one of its users had died, to enable it to remove sensitive information such as updates and contacts, according to media reports.

With the new 'memorialized' feature, a deceased person's Facebook information will be restricted to confirmed friends and family, and their profiles will no longer appear in the members' "Suggestions" box.

The "Suggestions" feature, introduced recently reminds users to "reconnect" with people in their network by posting something on their friends' profiles.

“We understand how difficult it can be for people to be reminded of those who are no longer with them, which is why it's important when someone passes away that their friends or family contact Facebook to request that a profile be memorialized," said Max Kelly, Facebook's head of security.

Facebook introduced this feature following the complaint by some users that they got suggestions to reconnect with Facebook friends or family members who have died.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
What is the use of such a feature?I don't understand.Just for competition.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You mean status?? i do not understand. Between where did you get this information?
Sajee you can check out this link, may be its an outdated information...

http://www.in.com/news/science-technology/fullstory-facebook-never-forgets-the-dead-ciol-news-reports-11406515-116267-1.html
It is already shared i think.. :unsure: anyhow thanks for sharing..
Thanks natraj for sharing wit us this information. But somethings I also didn't understand.
I too didnt understand the intended meaning of this feature in Facebook. :)
thanks natraj for sharing the information and for the link..............

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.