Friends these are the wise words uttered by Benjamin Franklin.Please give your views.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
If we desire too many things together and we spend our energy to achieve many things , it will leave us nowhere. We can become "Jack of All but Master of None". We must focus to achieve one thing at a time. And put whole our existence behind it. Success will touch our feet.

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
I like this quote. But am not able to understand the second part of this quote. can any explain it pls.
The desires are unlimited and we have to choose. Too many desires cannot be fulfilled and may lead to frustration and in some cases may result even in suicide.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

What Benjamin means is that we should try to be content with what we have owning only the things that are ecessary to our living, desire anything more than that, you will not be content with what you have and keep striving mindlessly for more and more. No matter how much you will get, you will still want more!

Remember that old song by Madonna:

"Once upon a time I had plenty of nothing,
Which was fine with me.
Because I had rhythm, music, love,
The sun, the stars and the moon above,
Had the clear blue sky and the deep blue sea.
That was when the best things in life were free.

Then time went by and now I got plenty of plenty,
Which is fine with me.
'Cause I still got love, I still got rhythm,
But look at what I got to go with 'em.
"Who could ask for anything more?", I hear you query.
Who would ask for anything more? Well, let me tell you, dearie.

Got my diamonds, got my yacht, got a guy I adore.
I'm so happy with what I got, I want more!

Count your blessings, one, two, three
I just hate keeping score."

She's captured the essence of the quote perfectly right!
Any number is fine with me
As long as it's more
As long as it's more!" Its actually quite a big song so I am quoting only the first four paras!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

nataraj wrote:
[quote]I like this quote. But am not able to understand the second part of this quote. can any explain it pls.[/quote]

Literally, second part means that too many things will appear only few tings and not many. But this does not make much sense. How can too many appear only a few. We may understand the real meaning from the whole article or passage that includes the quote

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan wrote:
[quote]Literally, second part means that too many things will appear only few tings and not many. But this does not make much sense. How can too many appear only a few. We may understand the real meaning from the whole article or passage that includes the quote [/quote]

Actually, the meaning is quite clear. Too Many Things Would Seem But A Few ---- When a person's greed increases, even though he may have a lot of things, they look less to him and his want for more and more increases!

Very well explained...
I think its is really a good quote which in quiet needed in todays world...Man is unsatisfied with many things arnd till he die,a he/she want something more or expect something.
13_1_230-20100827.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
Thanks a lot friends for your valuable insights! I find Kalyani's elaborate elucidation of the subject very very impressive,indeed.Thanks a lot,Kalyani!
Thank you Chinmoy!! Glad to be of help!

:) :) :) :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.