As you are all aware of the unseemly haggling resorted to by Lalu Prasad and company to effect a hefty raise in the salries and allowances of the M.Ps.The nation exchequer is strained to the tune of nearly 900 crores to keep 700 plus odd MPs in good humor and what we get is sickening histrionics in the name of parliamentary debates.When the common people of India are reeling under spiralling prices and several parts of the country are ravaged by floods,the conduct of our MPs deserves nothing short of our ridicule and downright condemnation.Even they have forgotten the very basics of the principles natural justice that no one should in judgement on an issue on which his personal interest is involved.Now they have turned public service into self-service!!!
0002039F-20100824.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Ya thats true, instead of looking to public's welfare, they have started looking at their own welfare.. If they promise to end corruption, then their salaries can be raised, or else anyway they are getting plenty in unethical means.
Right Chinmoy!! All the MPs and MLAs are on self service mission!

While the MPs and MLAs of other countries take salaries amounting to about 8 or 9% of the gross per capita income, the Indian MPs and MLAs are taking 104%.
00020461.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

And in terms of performance they are 1400% worse than their counterparts of other countries!!
Politics is also a career. This need not be taken as a social service. There is nothing wrong in giving appropriate salary to law makers, which is just and proper keeping in view their functions and professional needs and comparing salary of bureaucrats. As long as M.P.s act honestly and do justice to their job and also do not indulge in malpractices and corruption. There should be a permanent commission to deal with salary and privileges of parliamentarians on line of govt. employees for whom pay commission is appointed every ten years.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

"Politics is also a career"

Gulshan, if you say politics as a career. what is the elidiblity to enter politics? either you or me can become a politician now a days?
In tamilnadu most of the politicians are either rowdies or they are child of mla and mps. Take alagiri, he is ruling madhurai but he does not even know how to speak in english.
sajeetharan wrote:
[quote]"Politics is also a career"

Gulshan, if you say politics as a career. what is the elidiblity to enter politics? either you or me can become a politician now a days?
In tamilnadu most of the politicians are either rowdies or they are child of mla and mps. Take alagiri, he is ruling madhurai but he does not even know how to speak in english.[/quote]

Politics is very dirty. Still this is a career as nobody enters the field for social service. The politicicians represnt the people. Owing to castism, regionalism, personality cult etc, the rowdy and criminal elements enter politics. Unless the level of political consciousness of people does not rise, we annot expect any improvement. I agree that clean people cannot enter politics in today circumstances. The rowdies and criminals are aggressive whereas the honest and clean people are timid. You and I have not only to be clean and hoinest. We have also to shed timidity and assert ourselves.

You are right they should be either asked for justifiable means of measurement for their performance or they should be thrown out of their seats through public mandate during elections.

I would urge all citizens to keep note of all this events in their daily dairy under the heading elections and open this dairy during elections to count the number of good and bad decisions by the parliament. If required vote on no vote option.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
I can't find anything right with their actions.To most of our politicians, it's a career because it enables them to have access to power and pelf so easily but what about the public good which should be the corner-stone of a political career.Stalling the proceedings of Parliament to demand a hike just demonstrates how bankrupt they are in their thoughts!
Gulshan, I agree with you that politics is a full-time career and they should be paid like every other professional.

But there should be a justification to how much they should be paid. Their performance should be measured in terms of the health of their respective constituencey, meaning the constituency should not be lacking in the basic infrastructures such as water, electricity, good roads, etc. Another criteria should be that these constituencies should be completely free or low is severity of crime rates. If hey fulfil such criteria, then pay them well, otherwise it is only a case of robbing taxpayers' to pay the burglars!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote]Gulshan, I agree with you that politics is a full-time career and they should be paid like every other professional.

But there should be a justification to how much they should be paid. Their performance should be measured in terms of the health of their respective constituencey, meaning the constituency should not be lacking in the basic infrastructures such as water, electricity, good roads, etc. Another criteria should be that these constituencies should be completely free or low is severity of crime rates. If hey fulfil such criteria, then pay them well, otherwise it is only a case of robbing taxpayers' to pay the burglars![/quote]

Kalyani. Here there is some confusion about a parliamentarian's role. There is division of authority between legislature, judiciary and executive. The items mentioned about development and facility in constituency are executive function. An M.P. may bring the shortcomings to authorities's notice and raise the matter in parliament. But he has no direct role. Essentially, he is a law maker and should give good performance on floor of house.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.